Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf gift voucher amount?

• 28-10-2021 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

I need to buy a gift for an 'avid casual' golfer, but I know diddly squat about golf. Could anyone give me a rough guide of how much would be a good gift voucher amount? I don't want to give them half the price of a club and it'd end up costing them. I had the rough idea of 150-200, would that cover the purchase of a (non-cheapo) club?

Also, if anyone could recommend any golfing/sports shops around Cork city/county with a good golf selection, that'd help a lot!

Many thanks for any suggestions!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That budget might get them a fairway wood or a hybrid that's probably been superseded by a new model - this is not a negative btw. Usually a very good club, discounted by about 30%.

But there are other things they might want, so a voucher is the way to go. Clubs can be down to personal choice and usually not something that's bought very often.

There's a McGuirks branch in Cork. I've been in the shop and it's well stocked. They do vouchers and you can even buy them online and can be used by the recipient for online shopping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭Xander10

Sounds decent to me , I would be delighted with it. Options to buy clothing, rain gear golf shoes also, which might be due an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Many thanks for the replies! Sounds like I'm in the right ballpark with the amount. And I think I heard he went to a golf shop near the Kinsale Rd. roundabout, which is probably McGuirks, so that'll do perfectly.

Advertisement