Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Inverter charge/discharge questions

• 24-10-2021 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭ irishchris

Quick question for any one with Solis inverters. If you have them set for nighttime charging and then day discharging from 8am are you then losing out on any generation on the sunny days in late autumn and winter. For example yesterday was promised poor so charged batteries from 4-8am on night rate but then from 8am on when sun is out in intervals they are effectively ignoring the solar generation as set to only discharge. Am I missing something?

Other thing that is quite frustrating is if you forget to set max export to 0 as soon as the battery discharge time kicks in they discharge full power to the grid as well as the house.

Comparing to other inverters I have seen also where you can remotely set batteries to charge from grid the Solis disappoints in that it has to be manually turned on with the inverter should I wish to charge on occasional days.

Many thanks for any help or advice with this

Comments

Advertisement