Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Same. When I click on the link it still says the date and time for the sale is to be confirmed but I presume that’s ok.

Has anyone ever logged in on two devices with the one code to increase their chances of getting sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You can log in to as many devices as you want. The code won't work AFTER you've purchased whatever tickets you're able to buy. So you can use the code on multiple devices to get the tickets in your basket but it won't let you checkout on both once you've checked out on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I don't think it should change because in the main clubs etc tickets go to those involved in running the clubs. Same with referees schools, provincial committees, colleges all getting allocations. I primarily get tickets to games from a school that I ref games mid week.

And yes in many clubs some tickets go to their sponsors/"corporates". But vast vast majority go to their members.

It very much is a fair way of distributing tickets. In that vast majority go to the constituent parts of the union and sections actively involved in the sport. That's far better than tickets going on an open sale...

I don't think just going to previous games alone should give you right to tickets wohouy paying for a club. The supporters club don't provide the free gifts etc a provincial supporters club do but they don't because hey can't guarantee tickets like those clubs

Don't think clubs and how they distribute tickets is any way connected to the atmosphere at games in aviva..

Great stuff! Haven’t tried it before because there hasn’t been a need to but I have a feel tickets will be very scarce tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well at least they are giving people the opportunity to have a go this year.

Didnt they have a "lottery" a number of years back for the England and France games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Ronney

Twickenham/Paris...81,000+

Wales/Rome...73,000+

Murrayfield...67,800

Aviva 51,700......and therein lies the problem.

I think we could definitely justify a 65,000 odd capacity....Maybe look into converting sections to terracing for Rugby only?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Ronney

The one way to improve the supporters club would be to offer 1st dibs on returns. Maybe a dedicated link or similar. A good few odd tickets pop up on TM in the week or days before the matches.

Yeah, 2019 it was a lottery to get access to the presale, which itself was extremely limited. It wasn't even an opt-in lottery, it was a shameful and disgraceful rug-pull.

Yes this would be a good idea. Like you said tickets often pop up but are snapped up in no time. Would be fairer if they were offered to members of the supporters club that don’t get sorted in the pre-sale.

I don't think anyone has an issue with where the supporters club stands in the food chain. The problem is that if you don't get lucky with tickets, you've literally paid €50 for absolutely nothing. As you've outlined, you can't guarantee tickets but paying €50 for a year to get a five minute opportunity to purchase from a small number of tickets that likely is nowhere near demand, is utterly mad. If you can't guarantee tickets (which is understandable and nobody is arguing otherwise), there should be some return in spending €50, otherwise its a complete and utter racket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

I’m not expecting you to agree because nobody who gets tickets in the current system is likely to agree.

I didn’t suggest open sale. I suggested a system to reward supporters who attend games. If a supporter goes to Italy at home and all 3 autumn internationals let’s say on the 3 game pack, that’s a lot of money, those tickets don’t sell quickly and it’s a lot of support shown to the Union and it should be rewarded in a chance to buy a france or england ticket. It’s very similar to the reward that supporters who go to early county championship matches get in a chance to buy an all Ireland ticket. Lots of grass roots GAA people like refs in your situation resisted any suggestion club allocations should be reduced but the GAA eventually changed that for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Many people from clubs cant/dont go to some of the games such as Autumn internationals as there is club games scheduled on those days. that isnt the case as much with home internationals in the 6 nations. Some of the tickets for those games dont sell as fast but reducing allocations of those actively involved in the sport at grassroots isnt the answer.

People who have regularly attended games dont necessarily deserve tickets just because they were ucky enough to get them in past. that alone isnt reason to give them priority.

You cant compare the irish ticket scenario to all ireland gaa tickets with the way the seasons in each are structured. its not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

There are clubs who get International tickets and sell them on to companies who then sell corporate events around the match day.

Now, you could argue clubs need the money to survive or you could argue that clubs are touts.

I'm not a member of a rugby club but when I do source my tickets from a club I've no issue in paying over the face value (within reason) to the club for the ticket. But tbh, the cost of an international match when you add in the whole day is getting to be a luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,765 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There should be discounts on stuff if you join the supporters club

10% off Food in the Aviva

20% off in Elverlys etc

There used to be a fourm on it years ago with decent discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Total farce alright. Drove me demented that someone who didn't even show interest could be assigned a ticket. Not that they care, but that was my last time giving the supporters club e50 donation for a chance of tickets.

The gift used to be better too, I got a nice hoody way back in about 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Deramore

The clubs need money to survive, in particular AIL clubs. You have clubs in 2B or 2C who have to travel all over the country, and transport/hotel costs have obviously gone through the roof of late, while IRFU support has decreased. And every club has seen a reduction in players, which leads to a reduction in membership fees, bar takings, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

I accept that but there's a whole lot of people turning a blind eye to it and long term it could well be damaging to clubs as I know club people who find it exceptionally difficult to get tickets from clubs for Teir 1 opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fatnacho

Not a member of a club and stopped the supporters club membership a few years ago. Have always managed to get tickets for the Wales, Scotland and France home games. Admittedly, you need to be prepared to be on Ticketmaster nearly the whole time the week before the match and be willing to sit on your own at the match but it’s better than paying €50 for a non-guaranteed chance of a ticket. England games have always been a closed shop but it might change now if prices keep increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭PMC83

Not a sniff! 50 lids well spend!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

got 1 for both games !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

I got nothing but a pal got two for England.

and then

Must have been 50 tickets or something. I remeber about 6/7 yeras ago logging in and choosing my seats for the England game!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah I didn't bother after that and just became a hawk eye on Ticketmaster and managed to get tickets.

No joy here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SOCOJEWSTIN

Took a L on this one …

Any ideas on how/where could i find some tickets for the France game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I've ended up with 6 spare for it. Friends changing jobs and exams have more or less taken its toll on our group going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

Tried and failed to get two tickets to Ireland V France in the Supporters sale, was actually looking to get the more expensive €135-180 bands as I was hoping to bring my father and treat him. I guess they were more likely gone already, presuming Toutless is the only place to keep an eye on now?

Advertisement