Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Trades going cray cray now……Westbrook back to Houston in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Washington had too many bigs so moved on Trez Harrell to Charlotte.

4 minutes later they trade for Porzingis.

Boston also expected to do something (other than just add White) they have shedded 4 players already and only got 1 in. Schröder is still expected to be moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Hope Boston don't do anything (too) desperate. Although in good form now , think next year may be more realistic !

• Advertisement

The Porzingis trade is bonkers……

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Seems buyout market will be very busy. Fair few teams have too many players currently so waivers aplenty tonight alone to make the required space.

Then fringe players to be bought out to add to the Free Agent pile.

Kanter already waived by Houston.

i don’t get Morey’s fascination with Harden, it’s like he thinks he’s trading for the 2018 version of Harden.

This overweight and injured version is nothing like the former version. To give up Curry and Drummond and 2 firsts on top of Simmonds to get a guy who’s getting old very quickly is madness.

if they win it all it’s a moot point, but right now it’s hard to see how the Nets didn’t win this trade by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

I thought Patty Mills might head to Sixers as part of the package, I can’t help but also think Nets have won the trade, unless Harden had really done a Houston on it and totally checked out but comes back revitalised like he did when he first got to the Nets.

think they face off on March 10th, that’ll be interesting…

• Advertisement

Bembry just got waived by Nets, he actually looked decent at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Those were my first thoughts also, I think the nets got some major assets plus the main thing is that these Simmons is under contract for a 3 more seasons I think and curry for another season, plus draft picks.

Where as Harden has player option next year. As you say if Sixers win then it’s all good but not sure I see them winning with Harden.

in 35+ years of watching Dunk Contests that was by far the worst I’ve ever seen - and seeing how bad it’s been in the last 10 years that’s saying something.

Yea, they needed to change it for a while now, it’s just not working and especially with the players in it, most of them aren’t even the best dunkers on their teams

Ever since it became “uncool” to enter it it’s gone rapidly downhill.

Ja Morant with some crazy plays this week, fast becoming the new face of the NBA.

Gizzlies too are on course to overtake GS in the race for the No. 2 seed. GS badly missing Draymond.

Also hilarious to see the Lakers continue to eat themselves from within. Some very amusing takes on TV and across the various basketball podcasts in the last couple of weeks about you know who...........

Yea, Morant is must watch TV now, don’t think he is a flash in the pan, the real deal.

Again and again, people question Draymond but he is the backbone of this team, we are going nowhere without him.

I puzzles me about the Lakers, it’s like there is a constant elephant in the room, LeBron got what he wanted but when it doesn’t work, the toys go out of the pram and it’s not his fault, he will get whatever he wants again, playing with his son is his next objective although I read his son has still a long way to go to be a top player

His son, based on what (and I’ve seen a lot of him) I’ve seen is not an NBA level talent. He’s the 4th best player on his team, and his team is not the No. 1 ranked high school team in his state, let alone the country.

But LeBron has basically ensured he’ll get an NBA contract now as some team will draft him to even get one year of LeBron, and someone far more talented and deserving will lose out. Sad really.

I forget who said it but the comment that “LeBron is the worst GM in the league” has been around for years and never was it more appropriate.

You even have long-time Lakers bear writer Bill Plaschke saying they should trade LeBron. Imagine the circus if that happens? I don’t think the Lakers have the balls to do it though.

I think the GM stuff, while justified at times (Westbrook) is a bit overblown.

During his first Cavs tenure I don't believe he would have had much in the way of power, and it was a dysfunctional front office who consistently surrounded him with inadequate pieces.

In Miami it was well reported that yes, he tried to have Spoelstra replaced but he was told to piss off by Pat Riley though I'm open to correction on any other personnel moves he pushed for.

Cleveland second stint, certainly more moves pushed for here - but it resulted in a chip - so he was justified. Unless we are going to believe that Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett were going to have significant impact in comparison to Kevin Love. I don't think he can be held at fault for Kyrie ending their championship window by pushing himself out the door.

At the Lakers, yes I have no doubt he pushed the front office to trade pretty much the entirety of the young core (who have all developed into fine players in their own right) for Anthony Davis (it is my opinion that Davis would not have pushed for LA without LeBron's presence) but again, his supposed GM's moves here resulted in a chip - justified. And I think that they would have a made a good run again if not for health issues.

The Westbrook trade has been an absolute disaster and he deservedly gets criticised for pushing for it (along with Davis) and I think the vast majority of people before the season would have placed a bet on it not working (spacing issues, ball handling duties if they were both on the court). I think LeBron (and the front office) both wanted alternative ball handlers as they knew LeBron would either be injured (correct) or need further rest (correct) hence Rondo, Schroeder and now Westbrook, the last two not working out for different reasons but the general train of thought was sound.

• Advertisement

Klay Thompsons return may have been spoke about too soon. He’s very very rusty still and took some bizzare shots

• Registered Users Posts: 36,120 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

56 points from LeBron last night. His numbers in his year 19 season are just insane.

KD walking straight out after a defeat? Oh my….

Yeah, he realizes he can't win a title this year so is now going full-on stats hunting. Lol. They beat a GS team that isn't even at .500 since Draymond went out, hardly the win of the season.

It's hilarious watching them at the moment, they're 9th and had Portland and New Orleans not gone on extended losing streaks they wouldn't even be in the Play-In Tournament.

It's hilarious to watch the Lakers players argue with fans, watch them whine like little babies, and watch their fans turn on them. And the media - even some of the biggest LeBron fans are turning on him.

I assume given his comments last year on the Play-In Tournament he won't play in it?

My favourite line was:

"Whoever came up with that s--- needs to be fired," LeBron said of the play-in tournament - lol. If they hadn't Lebron you'd be going on holidays soon. Lakers are now 7 games behind the Clippers in 8th and have essentially zero chance in catching them. What would be most hilarious though is if they slipped below 10 and out of the Play-In Tournament completely.

Watching Knick V Nets, Mitchel Robinson just blocked KD on a jumper, incredible block - I’ve only seen Giannis do that before.

Sunday - KD 53

Monday - KAT 60 (inc. 32 in a quarter)

Tuesday - Kyrie 60 (and benched for the last 8:32 of the game)

crazy few days.

Pat Bev with some epic trolling of the Lakers last night, esp. LeBron and Russ.

Can’t believe the reaction to Marcus Smart chasing a loose ball and Curry getting injured as a result. Completely legitimate effort play and no malice intended. Kerr’s reaction is disappointing tbh, as is some media commentary. I’m a huge Curry fan, but that’s not a dirty play.

Jeez the Donnie Nelson v Mark Cuban story is insane. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The bulls are in free fall. I think everyone just assumed the defense would fix itself once Caruso came back and it doesn't work that way. Other teams have started closing down DeRozan as well and they don't seem able to adapt at all.

Advertisement