Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrofitting Apartment Options

• 13-10-2021 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to close shortly on a groundfloor apartment. The BER is D1, so I would like to do what I can to upgrade this.

Obviously, as it is an apartment, I will not have the freedom to do what I want, as there will be a management company to deal with. I was just wondering if anyone had experience of doing work in an apartment to retrofit that did not require mgmt co approval? What are the options available?

The windows are already double-glazed, however there is some evidence of mould on the walls, suggesting poor ventilation. There is also an underground car park, which I think will contribute to the apartment being more difficult to heat - so I was thinking of putting some underfloor insulation/heating if possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisement