Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Diagnostics - looking for an expert in Meath/Dublin area

Options
  • 06-10-2021 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭

I have a 2007 Galaxy with a P2121 fault (Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/D Circuit) throwing up a MIL*, and the cruise control won't intitate.

There is no signal on this circuit via Forscan (see APP_D below).

When the accelerator is pressed quickly (see APP_E), the engine doesn't respond fast enough (APP %), but if you wait around 1-2 seconds, it responds normally. There is no lack of power.

[* MIL light comes on when car is started, however within Forscan no DTC is triggering the MIL]

I've put in a new accelerator pedal.

I've tried another dashboard (as there are known faults with them).

I've resoldered the BCM (GEM).

No changes from these.

I've run out my skill set too, so I'm looking for someone who is a real expert in car electronics to see if there is something else going on...

Advertisement