Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Price on this property

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSFarrell

I would say minimum 20% over asking as the location is quite central and within reach of single income earners. I bought an apartment in 2018 that was a fixer upper and was priced low which generated alot of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Small but great location and would rent in a flash, I'd agree with PSFarrell regarding the likely sale price.

I'd check if its currently rented and what the status is there, in the current market might be hard to budge a sitting tenant.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Its not a 1-bed apartment. Its a studio. Total size is about 280sq ft

It does have 1-2 parking spaces which is a plus.

It also has decent size gardens.

Property price register shows #12 sold for €150,000 last year and #15 sold for 135k in 2019

Its not going to auction, its an online open bidding process - possibly you could call it a hybrid auction in that there will be a final bid acceptance next Friday

https://www.auctioneera.ie/property/apartment-17-drumderg-court-fairview-avenue-lower-fairview-dublin-d03-p573

Electric heating, €800 management fee, built 1960, but looks like its well maintained.

My own opinion is it would suit someone working in Dublin, but who can bolt off to a larger space at weekends. Price wise, I would say 160k is tops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I know the area quite well. A single bed room apartment not too far away (in North Strand) was on the market for 200k a few months ago. I don't know what it sold for, but 145k seems low for the area. I would guess 160-170k, but that may well be optimist. Apartments tend not to go over the asking price too much.

However, as mentioned above, this is not an auction in the classical sense of the word; it's Auctionera. I have seen properties on that site go up 40k in the last hour of being open to bidding. What that is is ebay for houses, but at least on ebay, a bid is binding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Update: it went for 145k (I happened to be searching and came across this thread).

• Advertisement
Advertisement