Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Chains for side spreader

• 17-09-2021 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭ lab man

Lads I'm going changing the chains on my side spreader the weights and plates are fine I want to buy about 60 ft because buying it in 15 link sections is costing a fortune anyone know where I can buy it this way thanks lab man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭ patsy_mccabe

" And on the riverbank forgotten the river's name."

I looked into this before but ended just taking a link off the chains. The chains were hitting the wall of the spreader at the time. Pic below is from local COOP. Elia Tinsley is the name on the bucket. I searched that name and Caulfield came up.

Give these guys a ring (Caulfield in Cork). If they don't have your size they might point you to someone else.

Eliza Tinsley Galvanized Link Welded Chains available online - Caulfield Industrial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭ lab man

The chains I have patsy are well wore and I want to do them while the machine is clean iykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭ lab man

I was wondering would ordinary 10mm chain do the trick

I'd try and get the same size if possible. Remember to allow for ware over time, chain will tend to get longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement