Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chains for side spreader

Options
  • 17-09-2021 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Lads I'm going changing the chains on my side spreader the weights and plates are fine I want to buy about 60 ft because buying it in 15 link sections is costing a fortune anyone know where I can buy it this way thanks lab man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

I looked into this before but ended just taking a link off the chains. The chains were hitting the wall of the spreader at the time. Pic below is from local COOP. Elia Tinsley is the name on the bucket. I searched that name and Caulfield came up.

Give these guys a ring (Caulfield in Cork). If they don't have your size they might point you to someone else.

Eliza Tinsley Galvanized Link Welded Chains available online - Caulfield Industrial

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

The chains I have patsy are well wore and I want to do them while the machine is clean iykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

I was wondering would ordinary 10mm chain do the trick

I'd try and get the same size if possible. Remember to allow for ware over time, chain will tend to get longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement