Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Ocean Fitness or Ardilaun for swimming?

• 14-09-2021 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ milout

Any recommendations between the two? Ideally the warmer the pool the better.

Cheers

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ VanWildcard

Depends if you're looking for a warm leisurely soak or for exercise.

Ardilaun is an 18 metre pool, aimed mostly for hotel residents or leisure use.

Ocean fitness is a proper 25m pool with lanes for doing lengths.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Ardilaun is nice but smaller and not really suited for swimming for exercise. I used to going lapping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ buzz11

I was in the Ardilaun quite a few times in 2019/20 and never found the changing rooms clean, e.g. floors weren't swept and showers in poor condition with stained shower curtains. I'd say the owners have never used the facility as a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭ Psychlops

Kingfisher NUI...25M Heated.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ milout

Thanks all for the feedback, I think that's helped swing it against the Ardilaun.

May try one of the trial sessions at Kingfisher before committing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭ bazwraf

Ocean Fitness has the best pool that I have ever swam in, and I've swam in a lot of Leisure Centers in Ireland

If the location suits, and you can afford it, I dont think there are any other Leisure Centers in Galway that come close to competing with it

Advertisement