Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland am

• 13-09-2021 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Big changes in the presenters lately.Laura Woods, Karen Koster and Anna Daly gone.. Muireann O'Connell is very good on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Should have kept Laura Woods and got rid of those laughing hyenas Tommy Bowe and Alan Hughes who seem to be unable to speak without laughing their heads off.

Anna Daly and Laura Woods - two of the best Irish tv milfs leaving our screens.

I don't watch this cack really but do appreciate these good ladies!

😓

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The only good thing i can say about Ireland AM is that it doesnt cost the licence fee payer any money....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Really disappointed that Laura Woods is leaving - an intelligent and pleasant presenter. Not so sure about Muireann yet, she's a bit shouty. The lads all seem a bit dim, except for the Cahill guy, but isn't it better to have an overly cheerful bunch in the studio to keep the spirits up in these times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is the Aidan on Saturday gone too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why are they all dropping like flies recently?

that Alan Hughes guy is well past his sell by date, full of his own importance, he should’ve been given his marching orders over the likes of Laura woods who was a most pleasant and informative presenter.

+1. Hughes has been phoning it in for years...

The biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Cagney

Can’t agree there. Couldn’t stand him or Hughes to be honest. I liked the guy who did the sports but they got rid of him also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

didnt even realise laura woods was on it - but then i only really watch it for the 8am news

hughes is definitely well past his sell by on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Hughes ticks the diversity box nicely so can dial it in for the rest of his life...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Aidan Cooney what happened him

Got rid of him for another woman I think.. What is Sinéad Desmond up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I don't watch the show but I do hear it, as my wife watches it while getting ready in the morning. I honestly thought for a time that Tommy Bowe and Alan Hughes were the same person as they sound so similar to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Xander10

only seen a bit here and there. But as a sports fan, Bowe !!! makes Nevin Maguire sound exciting.

Think Tommy bowe is good on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭roadmaster

A Tommy bowe is great he is always one word away from messing up. It seams a bit childiss also that they dont mention deric the weatherman on his adventures on the special forces show on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'd never seen this awful Shyte before but had a hospital appointment last Tuesday and there it was on the waiting room TV.

Tommy Bowe reminded me an excitable child who's just got a new Toy, was he attempting to sew a pair of trousers 🤔, just bizzare.

I've seen (very briefly) other, utterly awful tripe on this station, Elaine (wtf), and the immensely irratating Martin King on the 6 o clock show.

This station has the feel of a ghastly shopping channel to it, Very tabloidish, very amateurish, just pointless. Their news coverage not much better but I have to say Zara King, Richard Chambers and Gavin Reilly are impressive.

Finally the Bearded weather man, whats going on there, is the beard sponsored by bird watch Ireland, I was waiting for chicks to fledge from it.

In a word, Ireland AM just bonkers.

But the attached now makes sense 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I actually liked Muireann on The Six O'Clock Show, she was a good laugh and even made Martin King tolerable. Karen Koster just doesn't have the same sense of fun about her.

I rarely watch more than a minute or two here and there of Ireland AM but Tommy Bowe is like a young foal trying to find it's feet and he's been there long enough now to be coming across better than he does. How much longer Alan Hughes will last is anyone's guess, he can be ok depending on the topic he's covering but while I'm all for people speaking in their own accents, when he interviews people and says things like "Are youzz having a good time on yizzer holliers in Dublin?" it just sounds wrong.

Advertisement