Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plumbing / water regulations

Options
  • 03-09-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

Recently moved into a new build. Noticed that the drinking water is fed from a tank in our attic. I've conducted a few tests to ascertain this and it is 100% fed from a tank.

My understanding is that this is contrary to regulations in that 1 tap must be directly fed from mains in residential buildings.

Firstly, am I correct in my assertion that it is contrary to reg's ?

If so, can any one provide me with the actual regulation that this pertains to?

I'm having back and forth with the developer and he says there is nothing wrong. if i can provide proof that reg's were breached then i can get him to sort

Any help greatly appreciated here.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

See Part G (Hygiene) Building Regulations Section 1.

1.3 The cold water supply to the kitchen sink should be taken directly from the service pipe supplying water to the dwelling; the cold water supply to the bath or shower and the washbasin and to other appliances in the dwelling should be from a cold water storage cistern.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It would be very unusual to have the kitchen tap fed from the attic black tank.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this been done, even the cowboys I’ve had the unfortunate chance of coming across on sites.

Advertisement