Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Kilmainham Gaol

• 01-09-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had any paranormal experiences in Kilmainham Museum/Gaol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I spent a lot of time there when I was a kid (long time ago, before it was restored)

We did know about the various histories and folklore about haunting etc.

Never actually saw or heard anything, in any of the locations that are said to be haunted. Not the "Haunted Cell" or the "Haunted corridor" - always completely innocent whenever we were around.

The most I will say is, several of the places had a very creepy vibe; especially the below-ground strip called the Punishment Cells. And by the way, anyone I've spoken to since who worked there, etc, agrees.

The other very dark and mournful place is the Stonebreakers Yard where the 1916 leaders were shot. It has a really distinct "air" but I don't know of any actual paranormal events in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Spent time there on a few occasions, there are some stories that I won't put here so as to not 'prompt' anyone. But never experienced anything there myself.

Advertisement