Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood test results after a road traffic collision

• 01-09-2021 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

So a few months ago I was involved in a car crash which left me with a broken knee and femur. I was given morphine and ketamine at the scene for pain relief and to help the paramedics/ fire birgade get me out of the car safely.

When I got to the hospital a Garda was there to take a blood test, I got a letter a few days later saying there was nothing in my system.

Fast forward to last week when I got a registered letter with my official blood test results stating that I had morphine in my system.

This was obviously the morphine the paramedics give me but I am curious why the Ketamine didn't show up on the results?

Is this not a tested for drug ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the blood test checks for benzos and opioids. ketamine doesn't fall into either class of drug.

Advertisement