Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancy Restaurant Kilkenny

• 30-08-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

I know it has been asked a hundred times before but I am finding it hard to find the answer to my question. Celebrating 20th wedding anniversary by going to Kilkenny. Never been and am totally unfamiliar with the area. Looking for a really nice slap up meal to celebrate. Want to push the boat out. Sometimes it can be hard to tell from reviews if somewhere is casual dining done really well or higher end. I'm thinking perhaps Champagne or maybe Petronella? Want it to be a fairly special treat as we rarely get away so would love some input from people with local knowledge. Apologies if this has been done to death. Did do a search but results brought up more general restaurant threads.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JulietJones

Great thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I would always recommend Rinuccinis. Food and service is excellent and the place has a really nice atmosphere. It's fine dining but not stuffy.

The food is amazing in Campagne. If high quality dishes are your driver, go here. The food is very much the focus over venue/atmosphere however.

Petronella I havent been. I was in the previous restaurant at this location and I remember it being a very cosy place.

I would also recommend Rive Gauche. The food is is not as good as above but still very good. Where it wins is the venue and atmosphere, perfect for a bit of the old romance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

+1 on everything Where's me jumper said

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Living in Kilkenny most of my life and having eaten in Rinuccinis maybe 4 times, they were definitely in the top five meals I’ve ever had anywhere including abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

Not sure if you have been yet (or for the benefit of anyone that looks up this thread in future) but another vote for Rinuccinis. It's not your pizza and pasta Italian but a proper restaurant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JulietJones

Thanks a million. We went in early September so missed the recommendations for Rinuccinins. We went to Campagne and it was fab. Hit the spot completely. It was exactly what we were looking for. Service was superb and there was a great buzz in there the night we were there. As has been said by other posters, the food was absolutely wonderful. We were delighted with our choice. Thanks a million everyone for the recommendations. I'll definitely have to head back to Kilkenny to try the others.

Cheers all.

Advertisement