Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What car do you most commonly see broken down?

• 28-08-2021 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,182 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

Either on the side of the road or up on a tow truck?

For me it has to be the Opel Insignia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭ appledrop

Snap, freshpopcorn, I was going to say the exact same!

I also see a good few Land Rover Discovery's and relatively new ones aswell!

Also a fair few Renaults /Citroën wouldn't know the models, but in fairness they tend to be older cars.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder

land rover/range rover are famous for their unreliability.

worst in this list too, by an eyewatering margin (the gap between first and second last is 11.1%, and the gap between second last and last is nearly the same).

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-what-car-reliability-survey-brands/n20069

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ HerrKapitan

I mostly see BMW or Audi, but I think it has a lot to do with a specific motor centre being nearby where they are being transported to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭ tabby aspreme

Pal of mine in the towing business, and it's Discoverys, Range Rovers, and VAG cars, mostly under a year old, they seem to sort out the problems after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,128 ✭✭✭✭ NIMAN

Funny its a thing not seen as much as you used to, which I assume means most cars are getting more reliable over time?

I have seen 3 cars on the back of a breakdown truck in maybe the last 12 months. IIRC they were an Insignia, a BMW and an Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭ fryup

bmw

i don't whether there broken down, or is it travelling salesmen/businessmen taking important calls/emails on the side of the road😐️

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 88,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Capt'n Midnight

The Australians have a saying. If you want to go into the Outback, take a Landrover. If you want to come back, take a Landcruiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ kaahooters

Poorly maintained ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ Water2626262

Re Land Rover I find you do see a lot of older models parked up with collapsed air suspension.

• Advertisement
Advertisement