Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

FedEx importer info required

Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ eiei0

Hi All

I have a package from the UK stuck somewhere with FedEx, it says on hold customs clearance info from importer needed, has been like this since the weekend,

I tried calling but I can only get a call center in India and they are not helping,

Any ideas, I haven't done much from the UK since Brexit but the few items I've had from DPD the send an email/text with a link to pay, but nothing from FedEx?

Thanks

Comments

• tracking should tell where 'somewhere' is - presumably it's in customs. They may be looking for an EORI number or it could be simply a delay due to a lack of customs staff - it's been like this since the start of July

I would ring again. I've found FedEx to be the more helpful of the couriers I use. (I always start by repeating their name and asking how they are doing today - costs nothing and gets them on your side). Thankfully I've never been put through to India - I find the accent difficult to understand over the phone.

If that gets you nowhere, email them at [email protected] or [email protected]

BTW if there's duty/VAT to be paid, FedEx will deliver and bill you later

Advertisement