Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suggestions for a Hardtail

Options
  • 23-08-2021 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a Hardtail (if it's in possible to get a bike at the moment!) using the bike to work scheme.

I already have a full suss, Process 153,that I was originally thinking of upgrading,but I've recently carried out a complete overhaul on it, so think I may be as well off to keep it.

So for a Hardtail,I was thinking about something basically for tooling around on not for long spins.It would mostly be used in the Ballyhouras,and with the recent rebuilding being done there at the moment on the green loop with upgraded berms and rollers I've been thinking about something playful rather than Enduro or xc inclined, think of a full size dirt jumper that could take grippy tires!

I plan on getting the kids out sessioning on the new stuff in the houras,so something I could use myself while there with them would be great

Also,I would prefer to buy from a shop rather than online, Cork or Limerick would be ideal but would travel, budget around €1200.

All ideas welcome!

Comments

Advertisement