Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Jobs - Clearance Stage

• 11-08-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who has been through the recruitment process for a public service job would be able to help me.

I interviewed for conservation ranger position in April 2021. In June 2021 I received my results and was placed on a panel. At the start of July, I was told that I was being considered for the position and had to submit garda vetting, medical etc. I submitted all information and garda vetting went through within a week. I am still waiting for public service clearance to sign me off and to contact my references.

I am wondering has anyone gone through this and does anyone know how long the process takes altogether?

I informed by boss last week and he naturally is wondering, if I get formally offered the position and accept, when I will start.

The process is dragging out a lot more than I thought, maybe this is normal - I have worked in the private sector all my life so not sure.

If anyone has been in a similar situation and could offer some guidance or idea of timelines I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

From my recent experience of the public sector ... different place to you but it was just short of 3 months from the email offering the job to getting contract and start date sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Email PAS, they will generally tell you how long they expect clearance to take.

It’s holiday season so you can expect that that is having an impact also.

It took 5 months for me from job offer to job start - clearance for me took 14 weeks but the area I work in would require an in-depth background check. However holidays did add an extra fortnight to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yellowbellyjoe

Hi all

I am wondering has anyone any experience with the appeals process of the clearance stage.

I have an issue with my level 8 degree in business in supply chain management.

I have been rejected from the panel because business was not one of the major subjects in a final exam of my degree even tho I have the required level 8 in business.

Has anybody any tips on how to best articulate my point that the modules I studied through out my degree although none specifically include business in the title of the module, all these combined are the awarding of my level 8 in business in supply chain management.

I am flummoxed to see that they don’t believe my qualification meets the qualifying standard in business and finance.

can anybody over any advice ?

I

• Registered Users Posts: 23 luna11

How many conservation rangers are been recruited this time around I'm high enough on the panel for my areas chosen but just wondering how likely I am to get a call?

Advertisement