Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Time off work for the covid vaccine

Options
  • 09-08-2021 11:41pm

Hi there,

Where I work getting time off for the covid vaccine is difficult. My contract is through a recruitment agency and there I'm allowed 3 hours for coming & going to get the vaccine if needed, however in the company that I am working they are less accomadating. For the first vaccine I wasn't allowed to have a break and huge pressure was placed on me to rush as much as I could to get back, fainted after the vaccine and I believe it was from the pressure.

My second vaccine is in the morning, it would take me up to 2.5 hours with public transport to get back to work. I might be back by 12.15. I know work will discourage me from taking a break when I return, I am not paid for my breaks. Would people think it would be counter productive to my job to try and get a lunch break, whether 15 minutes or so when I return?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭larchielads

Take your 'break' while out gettin vaccine😉if they ask say bus was late ,eh bad traffic, loads of people at the vac centre or doctors or wherever. Well if your not paid for breaks then just go for your lunch somewhere and enjoy an extra few mins. I know loads of people workin in other areas that have taken their time

Advertisement