Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coombe Hospital Consultants

• 04-08-2021 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi

Does any have an experience or recommendation of consultants in the Coombe Hospital?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭xalot

I'd highly recommend Nadine Farah. Due my second child under her care in a few weeks. She's thorough but very personable and really listens to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Have you gone private and do you have any idea on fees? I can pm if you prefer to answer that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭xalot

yes fully private, I see her and am scanned at each visit, I think it's every 4 weeks until 28 weeks, then fortnightly until 35 weeks and weekly after that. Her fees are 2,500 which is at the lower end of the scale for private consultants. I can claim tax back on that and also 500euro from Laya so it's absolutely worth it in my opinion. I was public on my first child and my experience, both in terms of care during and after delivery, were miles apart.

She was also my consultant during a missed miscarriage last year and was so compassionate, I would have no hesitation in recommending her.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I'm semi-private with Workineh Tadesse. I didn't choose (do semi-private even get to choose?!) but I've had one appointment so far and he's absolutely lovely. I was nervous because I'm plus-size and worry about being made feel bad but he was kind and took his time to go through my chart carefully and discuss my care. He did a quick scan too which I didn't expect.

Advertisement