Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Setting up a coffee truck in Spain

Options
  • 03-08-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’ve recently set up a coffee truck in Ireland and so far so good. Business is great but I don’t see a future for me here in Ireland. I would love to move to Spain and try set up a coffee truck there. I’m not too sure about regulations in Spain and how hard it is to move and to set up a business there. I’ve googled a lot but there’s only so much information google can give me.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any advice on how I go about doing this and what steps I need to take.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

My parents are based in Spain and set up a business there about 15 years ago. Regarding the move itself; its quite easy and not sure why it wouldn't be considering you're moving within the EU. There's more red tape than there would be here in setting up a business as Spain doesn't encourage entrepreneurism at all really but I'm sure if you really wanted to you would just get it done. Self employed pay a sum at the end of each month from what I remember. I'm sure a lot of this info is available online though, what exactly is it you're looking to find out? You get an NIE number and register a business like you would here, just with a lot more bureaucracy I'm sure.

Your business idea does seem bizarre though considering Spain's coffee culture but I appreciate that's not what you're asking here.

I love Spain and hope to move back myself one day. Brick and mortar over there wouldn't be for me though, it's a slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 megsfar

Thanks for your reply, I’m just looking for any sort of information I’m not too sure what it all consists of to set up a business over there.

I’m looking to set up doing iced coffee aswell as coffee. There’s nothing like iced coffee in Spain at the moment I’d love to see if there’s a market for it over there.

I’ll be travelling to Spain soon to see what it’s like in the off season if there’s any sort of business at that time too.

Advertisement