Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Moving gates on a trailer

• 28-07-2021 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ pairofpears

I am picking up a set of gates for the house on Saturday. I'm using an 8x5 Ifor Williams single axle trailer and trying to decide which way to transport the gates. The gates are 8ft long each and with the posts are 6ft wide when on the flat. As the trailer has sides on it I'm thinking to either places timber skids across the tops of the sides and lay the gates flat with skid in between. The other option is to place them upside down on the flat edge and lean them towards each other in an A shape with timbers in between separating them.

I will be using cardboard where ever the gates would touch each other or touch skids and strapping the gates down but want to get them home with the least amount of damage.

Comments

Advertisement