Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4 Day week

• 20-07-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are looking at implementing a 4 day week for our staff, has anyone else started this process? What is the best way to implement this whilst maintaining the current level of productivity, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks John from Lyons Health LTD T/A Lyons Financial Services

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I think one needs to have a stronger insight into your industry.

If it's just office work, it's probably easier. If I as an employee was given the choice between working 8 hours for 5 days, or 10 hours for 4 days, I would try the 4 days. However this doesn't fit everyone. In times of mandatory office presence, it sure saves on fuel and the commute, thus it's more environmentally friendly. From a customer service orientation it's probably a hard one, not being there to look after clients / customers on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The assumption around a 4 day week is everyone works Mon - Thursday but that does not have to be the case. half working M-T and the other Tues to Fri means half people there and so on

Advertisement