Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemate is behaving erratically and came into my room last night.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

People seem to be focusing in on the sleep walking but there are other behaviours as well. I lived with someone who clearly had a mental problem and their behaviour was very erratic.

The issue for me was I didn't understand because he didn't explain so I didn't know what the problem was if he was having a psychotic break or what the hell was going on and I didn't know if he was a danger to me.

Now this woman who you live with is not communicating and told you a white lie. For me that's the problem, it's difficult to trust people who can't/ won't communicate when there is an issue no matter how nice they are. I only want to live with people who can communicate properly.

You need to have a conversation and figure it out, maybe she needs to put stickers on her food and close the toilet door, not come into your room but above all else she needs to tell you the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

If this was sleepwalking, they may not even remember it.

I used to let rooms and I did not lock my door at night, but if I did let rooms again, I would, as looking back I was more tolerant than I should have been, it was easily possible for anyone just to get into my room when I was not present. On one occasion a person did walk in on myself and a partner in her place.

A person is in a very vulnerable position if anyone can just come into their bedroom where they are sleeping. I'd possibly have a sit down with them and try establish what the problem is, but if there is any denial or accepting that this is a problem, then If it was me, I'd be giving them a heads up that those kinds of things won't be tolerated, whether accidental or not.

Also, butter doesn't come in tubs to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Agreed. I've known people who worked shift work, so one week they were going in to work at 6am, another week they were going to bed at 6am. I often had to be up late at night working, so I know what it's like to have a weird sleep cycle.

That said, never walked into anyone's room-at least not without an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Tails142

I used to sleep walk in my teens, some funny stories but had to lock myself in my room and hide the key sometimes before going to sleep.

Jumped into my sisters bed one time on top of her, went back to my room, no duvet, she followed me in and had found it on the landing.

Sleep walked on a school trip once, had my money in a wallet around my neck, think a group of English people took it off me or I gave it to them.

Put my fist through the bedroom window, was dreaming I was on the TGV train in France and three was a fire.

In my twenties it was usually drink brought it on, wandering around hotels in my underwear, trying to find the fire exit in my sleep or some such. Was always wary of balconies and jumping off. Pissed into my wardrobe a couple of times, one time onto a few hundred quid of brand new college textbooks, they dried out ok lol

Advertisement