Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday 17th July 2021 AD

• 17-07-2021 12:15pm

1.00 M R

A three horse race, and it looks to be definitely a trappy affair here with no obvious pace on. The 2/11 jolly Dal Horrisgle may well win, and win easy; but Adrian Keatley's SOCKS OFF is available at 5s, and looks more of an 11/4 shot to me. Has just had the one run over the shticks, and that was a good third of ten in a fast enough time over approx 2 1/2f less than today's trip last month at Hexham. Looks alright to me, and I can see him giving the fav summit to think about, at the very least... hopefully 😀

Comments

2.30 Cartmel

An open looking race race this for female jockeys. Plenty have chances. The one that stands out on form and at the prices is PATEEN @ 15/2. Just the 2 runs for Jessica Bedi since coming from Ireland. Came third last month in his first run for his new trainer, and followed that up with a win at Market Rasen 2 weeks ago over a similar trip as the one he tackles today. A replication of that should see him go close, and he looks to be a sound ew bet here.

3.45 Cartmel

Going for ISTIMRAAR here. Stepped down in trip today tackling the 2m 1f 61yds. Is versatile regarding the way he runs. I imagine, as it's a shorter trip than what he's being racing over recently, that he'll be held up. A few who like to get on with it, and if he's out the back, getting detached early on be a slight concern. Looks a value price anyway, and he should be good enough to run into a place at least, at a very fair price of 9/1, with 4 places on offer.

2,40 Market Rasen

A lotto this. But there's five places on offer. Will go for these 6 ew that the pin landed on.

Pink Eyed Pedro 14/1 , Solomon Grey 9/2 , Topofthecotswolds 10/1 , Royal Village 33/1 , Danse Idol 22/1 , That's A Given 12/1

Be hard to make a profit here. Will need to get the winner methinks. If I can get a run for me money with them, that'll be okay, and if a couple are in contention at business end, even better...

😊

MRS HYDE in the 2.05 MR upcoming ew 4 places 33/1

Lucky Deal 33/1 ew 2.25 Newbury

• Advertisement

Seattle Rock worth an ew go @ 6s in the 4.10 Newbury

Big Gossey ew in the delayed 4.00 Curragh

MARSHAL DAN competitively priced for an ew bet @ 14/1 in the 5.15 Newmarket

^^

TWAASOL in the same race might have a chance at a reasonable 7/1

7.05 Doncaster

A tricky one to solve. Will chance BAASHIR @ 9/2

• Advertisement

8.35 Doncaster

Eeh Bah Gum is overdue a win. 9/2 is okay.

6.20 Haydock

MR COCO BEAN is a hopeful ew pick here @ 11/1. Glen Esk looks the one to beat, but is short enough @ 11/8

Will chance CELERITY ew at 33/1 in the 6.50 Haydock. Has come placed here a few times before, but after over a hundred starts is yet to win. Madreselva is the one to beat and shouldn't be far away, but is short enough @ 2/1 I think; for one who doesn't win very often, or by very far.

Mark Crehan makes a big boo boo there.... Hayley Moore in quick to blame the sun 😀 He eased off in front on the likely home and hosed bar a fall wunner Aerion Power about 100 yards from the line there in the 7.35 at Donny.... I reckon he gets 10 days

^^^^

And not a mumblin word from Hayley in the post race interview with the winning jock Connor Beasley about Aerion Power; who finished 2nd 😉 One would expect the interviewer to mention something, in a race where some carnage/jockey error etc benefitted the eventual winner.. Nothing!

^^^^

28 days Mark Crehan got for his poorly judged/blinded by the sun/confused by the shadow ride. A bit harsh 😮

LEAD STORY might be unexposed over the mile trip in the 8.50 Haydock, and merits consideration @ 10/3. Little question mark about staying the trip, as mostly she runs over 7. Price hardly appears fair, but there's a lot of non runners in this.

Advertisement