Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB & Bitcoin Withdrawals

Options
  • 05-07-2021 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

In people's experience, how do AIB react if sizable amounts are transferred from reputable exchanges (Bitstamp, Kraken, etc) to AIB? I have a longstanding personal account there but never withdrew/made transfers from exchanges. My initial purchases of BTC were actually from a transfer I made from AIB to MtGox and Bitstamp years ago, so I have proof of where the funds came from.

Will they definitely ask questions / start a KYC/AML process that will drag on, or does it depend?

If the amounts are quite large (6 figures+) does the situation change at all?

I am mostly worried about having account shut if they decide they dont like the crypto source of funds : is that likely or would the worst case be they simply say dont transfer those funds here?

Cheers

Comments

brianstann wrote: »
    In people's experience, how do AIB react if sizable amounts are transferred from reputable exchanges (Bitstamp, Kraken, etc) to AIB? I have a longstanding personal account there but never withdrew/made transfers from exchanges. My initial purchases of BTC were actually from a transfer I made from AIB to MtGox and Bitstamp years ago, so I have proof of where the funds came from.

Will they definitely ask questions / start a KYC/AML process that will drag on, or does it depend?

If the amounts are quite large (6 figures+) does the situation change at all?

I am mostly worried about having account shut if they decide they dont like the crypto source of funds : is that likely or would the worst case be they simply say dont transfer those funds here?

Cheers

They might look into it, but I very much doubt they'll close the account if you can detail how you got from €A to €B.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Don't think you've anything to worry about there, there'll have been plenty of people who've done this over the past year or two with the recent bull run. Just notify them beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They will include your transfer on their reports to Revenue.

Advertisement