Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo XC40 charging

• 04-07-2021 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I have a XC40 hybrid, only got it a couple of days ago. After I picked it up i took it for a spin, I got home and plugged it in to charge. Once plugged in the fans in the engine kicked in.

I thought ok maybe the engine is hot and needs cooling down. However I decided next time to not charge the car as soon as I got home, I left it a few hours and plugged it in before going to bed. I had to get out of bed to unplug the car as the noise from the fans was so loud I couldn't leave it charging meaning I was unable to charge the car overnight.

Has any other EV owners experienced this with their cars when charging or is this a fault with the car?

Advertisement