Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Potential for fraud with test-at-home kits

• 04-07-2021 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37 instinctive

Hi,

I just realized that it seems to be possible to order a test-at-home kit (for example, from www.letsgetchecked.com), then sending the sample back via post, and then getting an official "negative" travel certificate from the company.

This seems to be wide open to possible fraud.

What if I know someone who has tested negative, and I just take a swab sample from them instead of from myself?

This cannot possibly be true? i.e., home test results cannot be acceptable for anything but "peace of mind"?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭ rob316

Ok tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ jam_mac_jam

Where are you going to find somebody who is definitely negative to take the test?

How likely is anyone really to bother? And in reality people are just going to test themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 instinctive

Where are you going to find somebody who is definitely negative to take the test?

How likely is anyone really to bother? And in reality people are just going to test themselves..

At least in Germany, for example, many or even most people get tested almost daily, because otherwise, it is not possible to access many "amenities", so the average Joe would have a significant pool of potential sources of negative tests.

Regarding your second question, anyone who urgently needs to access a certain "freedom" (like travel) would probably feel "inspired" to be sure he gets the "correct" result.

Are people really that honest? Are these thoughts completely ludicrous? I don't seem to be human :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭ duffman13

Not sure if that will be valid for the DCC being roled out in the EU. Presumably Not but I'm not sure anyone would bother let alone know someone who got a negative result recently enough to hope they are still negative

• Registered Users Posts: 30,470 ✭✭✭✭ Lumen

There is little incentive for a reasonable person to cheat a domestic Covid test.

You'd have to be some scumbag to test positive and go out anyway.

Whereas for travel, I can totally see someone cheating their kids Covid test to save an annual holiday or get home.

That's why we require accredited tests for travel only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭ 0lddog

...order a test-at-home kit (for example, from www.letsgetchecked.com), then sending the sample back via post, ...

Why would anyone get suckered into buying a test kit that you have to 'send back by post' to get an 'instant' result :confused:

Alternative : go to Lidl and buy a pack of five tests

OP, if you want to cheat on the result, go straight ahead. Its only yourself you are fooling

• Registered Users Posts: 72,121 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

Once everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭ Wolf359f

duffman13 wrote: »
    Not sure if that will be valid for the DCC being roled out in the EU. Presumably Not but I'm not sure anyone would bother let alone know someone who got a negative result recently enough to hope they are still negative

Why would you look for someone who you hope is negative? Don't swab nothing and send the swab back untouched? Can't detect if there's nothing on the swab to detect!

Advertisement