Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXPIRED - 50% off selected Sennheiser headphones - Sunday 04/97 Only

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

That's one thing I noticed too that I wasn't expecting. With a good fit I can stand beside my rocket of a kettle and not hear a bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Had to use distinct size ear tips in the right and left device to get a more comfortable fit, you could try that.

Also, once I swapped tip sizes the sound was better.

As to sleeping with the size of them, I don't think that can be comfortable, they are really big and because of the sound isolation and the pressure that creates it will also create an issue if you use them too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone used their CX 400BT for calls . I find mine quite patchy .

The person on the other end of the phone says it is really hard to hear me talk .

Has anyone else encountered this . 

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Have yet to use them properly for a call when out and about but tested in the gaff and person said it was ok, not amazing but workable. Unfortunately I can't get them to answer a whatsapp call, it just hangs up instead of answering but I guess that's a whatsapp limitation rather then the buds, unless anyone has any suggestions..

Same here, people say that the quality is not good enough for a longer call.

While they sound fine to me, they say that I sound either muffled or like I am under water.

So I called myself and left a voicemail and yes, it's horrible.

• Advertisement

I posted earlier that I’ve pretty much stopped using them because of call quality(microphone), gone back to my Amazon €20 ones!

in general I find them an awkward shape

That is exactly the same for me , disapointed to say the least

I already had a cheap pair of TaoTronics from Amazon ( which I am gone back to ) Great for calls and a better shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Agree with the comments above, the earbuds are a major letdown.

I'm going back to using £15 Mpow M30 buds from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Also disappointed. My left one runs out of power twice as quickly as the right one.

Also find that they shake loose when walking

Whats also annoying , any reviews I read , gave them the thumbs up

I'm thinking of returning mine given the call quality is so bad , as anyone else looked into returning them .

• Advertisement

Keeping them because the music quality for on the road is excellent and good enough for some music while walking/shopping.

Sometimes I just feel like some good music without putting on my DAC/IEM's and these have an outstanding sound profile once EQ'ed them.

The reviews I had all gave examples about the call quality, so I was aware of that as drawback but for my use case scenario this was a good 50€ investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,176 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I find it them great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

Finding them great too, I've tried a few true wireless and these are one of the best for sound quality. Although I don't care about the mic or other features just using them to listen to music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭Masala

Am finding them great for my Spotify catchup. First time ever I could hear ACDC in stereo - drums and base in the left and Angus on guitar on the right. My brain then puts it together like a drug and sends a message to my fingers to play air-guitar!

(All the time with noise cancelling qualities and my wife roaring at me saying I look like an edjit dancing with myself! Course - best thing is that i just DON'T hear her)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I find them really good too - music and teams / zoom calls are perfect. Fit is a bit funny at the start, but got used to them quickly. No issues on long walks - they stay put.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mexicanking

Having using them now for a couple of weeks. I find the music good, not as good as the momentum 2 wireless headphones (worldcup offer). That was after finding the right size to fit me. Call quality was horrible initially, later I learnt to orient the mic lined to mouth and the call quality imporved. There is occational crackling, putting it back in the charger and taking it out fixes it. I used it both for teams and phone calls. The difficulty is when you have to switch, it sometimes doesn't get connected. Have to put it back in the charger to restart and then connect. The app on phone sometimes dosen't connect.

Best I like is good decent audio qualty that can fit in pocket to be carried around. Ok for the price, not good for €100.

I think the CX are very depended on the quality of the source you are playing and what you are connecting them to.

Using Tidal on my android I need wavelet with auto EQ to get good sound.

Using Apple Music (Lossless) on my apple device, I need to adjust a little the middle and they blow the quality of the android (using Aptx) out of the water. But even if I use Apple Music on the android device once, I play a little with the EQ they sound better than Tidal which requires wavelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Purchased the CX Sport the second time this promotion ran. Managed to get them for 77Euro delivered. The first week I used them I thought they were excellent - good sound, comfortable and lightweight. Three weeks later and they've gone back for a warranty repair - battery life was terrible (2.5 hours at best), there was a crackling sound in the left earpiece that came and went and finally they refused to charge when plugged in.

Cost me almost a tenner to send back (with insurance and tracking) so I'm hoping the next pair last a bit longer and have none of the same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I picked up mine in June and have been using them very happily ever since.

I have made a little mod that seems quite popular with users. It's a custom fitted eartip mod done with Sugru. Must say as good and all as the sound is with the CX300's and viperFX and a ddc file. The difference in audio and actual comfort that 2 little rolls of sugru have made?

Makes these an even better value deal if ever this promo runs again.

The mod of course can be done on any silicon tipped earbuds and improves fit, comfort and sound isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Did anyone manage to claim back the refund for the Samsung buds live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah, got my refund some weeks ago. It was a fairly easy process.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,176 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Have the cx400BT in ear and love them.

Looking for on ear wireless headphones. The Momentum or pxc 550-ii look good. Anybody recommend?

Also, any codes for money off?

Post edited by Bobeagleburger on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Yep, very straightforward. Have to say having jumped on both bargains, the Sennheiser's are way better in terms of sound, the Samsung buds are more comfortable but sound is very thin and one ear is quieter than the other, even using the eq in their app. Might try send them back.

Advertisement