Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help!!! Need to get bike from UK to Dublin

• 01-07-2021 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

As it says, i need help getting a bike from Leeds area to Dublin.

I have tried a few already with no joy, Jarvis and Any bike anywhere.

Can someone let me know if there is anyone post Brexit that still does transport from UK to Ireland?

Best offer i have got was they can drop bike to Liverpool docks for me and i can meet them there and come back on the ferry.

Ideally looking to get full transport from Leeds to Dublin, but if no joy will have to go with above option or even an option to drop to holy-head

Thanks,
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

As it says, i need help getting a bike from Leeds area to Dublin.

I have tried a few already with no joy, Jarvis and Any bike anywhere.

Can someone let me know if there is anyone post Brexit that still does transport from UK to Ireland?

Best offer i have got was they can drop bike to Liverpool docks for me and i can meet them there and come back on the ferry.

Ideally looking to get full transport from Leeds to Dublin, but if no joy will have to go with above option or even an option to drop to holy-head

Thanks,
    G

If you're on Facebook, check out a chap in the North called Billy McKinstry. He's a long-standing member of the racing community and runs a business transporting bikes between all parts of the UK and Ireland. I haven't used his services but know him for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Teds Trucking...wexford..........Damian..top bloke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭goblin59

Teds Trucking...wexford..........Damian..top bloke...

I've had Ted's trucking recommended before too!

I used Iron-horse transport.
    But worked out cheaper to just meet him at the docks in Holyhead.
    https://www.facebook.com/ironhorsebikehaulage/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Thanks, will give Teds trucking a shout as I have heard that a few times now, just hope he is still doing runs to UK

Any other recommendations are welcome

have you tried any of the NI haulers?
    They face less restrictions going between Belfast and the UK than we would.

• Advertisement

goblin59 wrote: »

No haven't checked NI haulers, do you know of any that I could try?

afraid not, sorry!

Ok, have reached out to DMT and Motorcycle delivery UK so will see what they say base don Google search of NI hauler for motorbikes, also waiting on a quote from Shiply

Have also reached out to GOB transport on Done deal, and Teds trucking on done deal but I don't think they do UK anymore

Will let you know how I get on

Could give Loanes transport in Enniskillen a shout see if they know anyone with space in the back of one of their lorries

• Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

goblin59 wrote: »

The whole point of the Northern Ireland protocol is that NI is still in the EU, their haulers and couriers will face the same issue as ours.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    The whole point of the Northern Ireland protocol is that NI is still in the EU, their haulers and couriers will face the same issue as ours.

NI is able to trade freely with both. They are still part of the UK and have no problems with trade.
    The agreement allows them to trade freely with Europe but this doesn't stop them trading internally within the UK

I'm from Northern Ireland and still buy alot of stuff from England and sent to my address in Northern Ireland with zero hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ted's Trucking no longer doing UK work - tried him not long ago myself. He says the paperwork & palaver makes it uneconomical.

And I've used him a good few times in the last few years.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Ok, have reached out to DMT and Motorcycle delivery UK so will see what they say base don Google search of NI hauler for motorbikes, also waiting on a quote from Shiply

Have also reached out to GOB transport on Done deal, and Teds trucking on done deal but I don't think they do UK anymore

Will let you know how I get on

Ok so nothing back form DMT or Motorcycles delivery UK yet

Got a quote and response form GOB of 546 GBP, and Teds trucking no longer does UK due to pain with paperwork since Brexit etc.

galwaytt wrote: »
    Ted's Trucking no longer doing UK work - tried him not long ago myself. He says the paperwork & palaver makes it uneconomical.

And I've used him a good few times in the last few years.

Cheers yeah he said paperwork is a nightmare now

Have posted my calcs on duty and vat in other post, the VAT is a killer especially on a second hand bike, considering VAT was paid before :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ok so nothing back form DMT or Motorcycles delivery UK yet

Got a quote and response form GOB of 546 GBP, and Teds trucking no longer does UK due to pain with paperwork since Brexit etc.

Cheers yeah he said paperwork is a nightmare now

Have posted my calcs on duty and vat in other post, the VAT is a killer especially on a second hand bike, considering VAT was paid before :mad:

The VAT bit is an interesting one.

One of the bedrocks of EU membership was,and remains,it's benefits to ordinary citizens.

Thus we Irish,lying on the periphery of Mainland Europe were at last allowed access to less restrictive trade with other members.

Although the UK left this year,the European Union still stands over the negotiated protocols surrounding UK/IRL trade,so one would imagine that allowing the IRISH Government to levy VAT on an item already assessed and VAT paid in the (European) UK is counter to the basic trade principles of the Union.

I feel it's worth taking a punt (!) at in the European Parliament or Court ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement