Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Light Wheelchair and Drive Unit Recommendations/reviews/experience

• 30-06-2021 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My partner's mother has advanced COPD and her exercise tolerance and walking distance are severely limited.
    She's been enjoying the added freedom a clunky hand-me-down chair has given her over the last year, but she's dependent on her husband to push her around.
    I've been looking into nice light folding chairs and drive units.
    What would be ideal is a nice light chair that she could lift in and out of the car (she can stand and walk a small distance but can't exert herself very much at all) and a lightweight drive unit she could snap on quickly.
    At the moment I'm considering something like a featherchair and the benoit light drive system.
    Does anyone have any experience with this kind of drive system or recommendations?
    Weight, portability and ease of use are main considerations.
    She is quite small herself so power can take a back seat to weight

Advertisement