Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2015 Audi A6 boost issues

• 18-06-2021 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue I have. I have an issue with the car going into limp mode again. Basically DPF light comes on .....then engine management light....then loss of power.
    I've had the car looked at and have had a Turbo Boost sensor replaced but a week later same issue. When driving at a steady speed it feels like I'm lifting my foot up and slight drop in power. No problem accelerating, no smoke out the back either.
    Fault codes are: P023600, P227900, P023700

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 obscuraprints

Anyone have a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You'll need it properly scanned and diagnosed anyway. Could be a variety of things. Depending on where you are someone here can probably recommend someone.

What sort of driving are you doing? (decent long motorway runs, or mostly short urban trips? Diesels do not like the latter)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Why was the boost sensor replaced?
    The small pipes connected to DPF pressure differential sensors can often get blocked with soot and cause the issues you describe. I've fixed many with some break cleaner and an old brake cable in a screw gun.

Obviously I can't diagnose via Boards but it's worth a look.

The journeys recently have been local hence the DPF warning but normally I take it out on a spin to clear it and normally fine. Before lockdown I had no issues as I was doing 90km round trip to work.
    The garage I used ran a diagnostic and came up with the mentioned error codes. They said the booster sensor had faulted and replace it, but as far as I know they didn't try a forced regen. Have been told the maybe EGR valve is sticking open?...Hopefully it's not a Turbo replacement as there is plenty of power when I accelerate

Error Codes from Diagnostic :

P023600 - Turbocharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Range, Performance
    P227900 - Intake Air System Leak
    P023700 - Turbocharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Low Input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Whocare

Error Codes from Diagnostic :

P023600 - Turbocharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Range, Performance
    P227900 - Intake Air System Leak
    P023700 - Turbocharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Low Input
    Sound like garage haven't a clue what there doing . might be good idea 💡 to take it to dealership

Might give them the benefit of the doubt and if the problem isn't solved then I will have to go to Audi (Hopefully have a Lottery win first!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Check the intercooler isn't leaking or any of pipes. Check the pipes aren't gone soggy from oil residue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd say it'll need a turbo, happens a bit to them unfortunately. You do sell a rake of them boost pressure sensors with lads living in hope.

Hopefully not a new Turbo. Had a Legacy before it and had awful Turbo Problems. None of the same symptoms to suggest the Turbo is gone... no white smoke and power is there when accelerating.....

Thanks for all the replies too...much appreciated

• Advertisement

Check the wiring to the boost sensor too and the connector itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

But definitely start pricing turbos :pac:

Forced Regen has worked so far and a few decent distance drives

Forced Regen has worked so far and a few decent distance drives

Tick tock tick tock….

Advertisement