Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De-Facto Partner Visa Sponsorship

• 17-06-2021 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all

Your help would be so appreciated with this.
    My Irish partner and I met in India. Dated and lived together for the 15months we were there; then moved to my home country. Since then (about 6+ years) we have lived in my country on what we call a Life Partner Visa. We're looking at moving to Ireland.
    Issues are he hasn't worked in the last 4 years so he might not be eligible to sponsor me, can his parents sponsor me as in show evidence of financial support?
    We rented from my mom and then I bought my own place almost 2 years ago. He does contribute but we have no evidence as he pays in cash to me. There are no bank transactions. Is this a problem?
    We do however have a notorial letter showing we are in a committed relationship from a lawyer which we use for his visa applications, we also have our lease from india and one when just moved to my country. We also have the multiple life partner visa's he's applied for. He also has his bank account here, but registered against my mom's property that we rented for years but nothing for the new place.
    I would like to apply now for the pre-clearance with the view of moving there in February next year (think it takes about 6 months).

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Edit: I am South African
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

You're a bit stuck, I'm afraid. Is there any particular reason that he hasn't worked? Is he dependent on you? Has he received social welfare benefits in South Africa? You probably need to engage an Irish immigration lawyer for more detailed advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FupaFuparing

Sonrisa wrote: »
    You're a bit stuck, I'm afraid. Is there any particular reason that he hasn't worked? Is he dependent on you? Has he received social welfare benefits in South Africa? You probably need to engage an Irish immigration lawyer for more detailed advice.

Dependent on parents; me and a bit of freelance work; we don’t have social welfare here like Ireland and non-citizens can’t access. Thanks for responding

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Not trying to be funny but you are applying for a De Facto Partner preclearance not a De Facto parents of my partner preclearance. So the answer is no your partners parents cannot sponsor you. They have no relationship with you. The application is between you and an Irish life partner.

The principal things that the Officer will look for is the genuineness of the relationship over a period of at least 2 years. This is a relationship akin to marriage. What they will expect to see is documents in joint names:
    Bank statements
    Property lease/rent book
    Motor insurance

Any document that a married couple would be named jointly on.

Also from the policy document:

The Sponsor must not have been completely or mainly reliant on benefits for a continuous period of two years or longer immediately prior to the application. Furthermore, they must have earned a gross income over and above any state benefits of the equivalent of not less than €40,000, over the three-year period prior to application.

My advice is to gather as much info/evidence as possible and apply.

Take some time to read the policy document and their website.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/de-facto-preclearance-irish-policy.pdf/Files/de-facto-preclearance-irish-policy.pdf

Don’t plead - prove!

Advertisement