Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

United Rugby Championship announced, beginning September 2021

1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The best celtic league season i can remember....since connacht winning it anyway....

Very entertaining season because of the addition of the South Africans....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Luminous Talent

Shanklin made an interesting point which I’d like to highlight in the pre game build up on Premier Sports. It was that when the ten isn’t a breaking ten the rest of the opposing backline can rest and relax. But that’s untrue - with a distributing and kicking ten the back 3 lie deeper and that means there is more space out wide for the backline. So there is more space out wide and a good kicking ten is a nightmare for a fullback and the wider back three. So I don’t buy this line of having a flat ten that attacks the gainline necessarily means the backline runs better!

It is great to see Hugh Cahill with Jackman on RTE again. What can I say about the Irish duo? Both informed, knowledgable and have a bit of class about them. I was in J1 with Hugh, nice guy, good rugby fan and knows his stuff. I feel like I’m preparing for a night in town at the opera with Hugh commentating - rugbys George Hamilton. I like what Premier sports are doing also 1 hour build up is quality for your money. Bobby S. - I stayed in his high school in Hilton College Pietermaritzburg in my twenties. Beautiful country. Himself and Gary Teichman are the toast of Durban!

The standard of rugby was so far above anything we have seen in the Pro14 to date, all action edge of your seat stuff. Some of the handling (when good) under pressure was incredible - some wayward and not so good but the tempo was a step above anything in the Pro14. As for top players to look out for next season, on the Stormers side Moerat and Willemse are top notch at getting turnovers. For the Bulls Steenkamp and Louwe look like full blooded internationals. The injection of athleticism and new blood into the tournament has been a godsend for the Celtic Nations. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

||The standard of rugby was so far above anything we have seen in the Pro14 to date

Um, ok yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭boetstark

You need to take your head out of sand boet. SA teams are going to be competing for this trophy each year and test must be good for the league and Irish provinces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭OldRio

Everyone agrees that the addition of the SA teams has been great for the standard of the league. Therefore no one needs to take their head out of the sand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,117 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The stormers dude sent off for having a go at Hendersons eyes got 2 weeks

He was banned recently for biting.

Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

And they want a 20 minute red card rule as well, I'd be suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Itxa

Can anyone explain to me how good/bad the URC app for coverage of its games is? Obviously I will go with Now if the deal arises again pre season for €110 for the season but will possibly get the alternative on the URC channel if any good. What pundits do they have for the pre match etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Well from launch and for most of the season, the app simply wouldn't open at all on the Samsung S22, and I think some other new phones. It eventually got an update that allowed it to open but because they never announced it I only found this out by accident fairly recently and so I think I only ended up one actual game on it, plus highlights.

Pundits? What pundits would those be? You get the match coverage. That's it. Can't remember what happened at half time on the game I watched live, in fairness, but for replays you get the local coverage and commentators. They start a minute or so before the kick-off. No half-time commentary or analysis, none post-match, either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Raymond Murray

What do you think of the early bird deal

https://www.urc.tv/plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Jaysus ye can't go wrong for 40 quid. Would suit a lot of people that don't have Sky etc

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Itxa

Well that’s it my NowTV subscription is up 2/8/2022. I have become quite fond of premiers coverage of the URC (afar sight better than the seedy Eir coverage last few seasons).

I also need sports extra package for Heineken and French rugby. It has become quite an exclusive rugby package and must buy but I don’t want to shell out the renewal price of €34 a month for it.

Is there any gurus out there that know how I might get around this? I think I heard someone mention Buying for three months and don’t renew and then buy for another three months on another email? Is this the only way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

bit late to be jumping on this but i completely agree. obviously a mix of everything would be the best option, but a 'controlling' 10 will always be the better option imo. someone like carbery or BB might make more breaks themselves, but when it comes down to it i think having a more steady 10 will always work better under pressure. its even more pertinent now with the 50/22 law, which id love to see more use being made of

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Next seasons fixtures are to be released on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

It's 60 quid now. Do you know if you can cast it to your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Happyhouse22

fixtures out today - any leaks so far?

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Advertisement