Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mazda CX5 wing mirror "buzzing"

Options
  • 14-06-2021 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I've a 2016 CX5 2.2 150hp Passenger side wing mirror that has a buzzing noise from it. The glass moves with the adjustment but the folding does not.

Aside from unplugging the connection to the mirror and loosing all functionality, it could be replaced (expensively IMO) by Mazda. Does anyone know the OEM and if this is a replacement https://www.autodoc.co.uk/hd-karosserieteile/8236086
    OEM reference number(s) comparable with the original spare part number

OEN KD53-69-181H — MAZDA
    OEN KD53-69-181J — MAZDA
    OEN KD53-69-181K — MAZDA
    OEN KD53-69-181L — MAZDA

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It might be trying to fold or unfold, does folding or unfolding the mirror by hand do anything to change the noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It might be trying to fold or unfold, does folding or unfolding the mirror by hand do anything to change the noise?

I didn't get to try that. I got fed up and just removed the door panel and unplugged the wing mirror. While I've lost the capability to adjust the glass, the noise has stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

batman2000 wrote: »
    I didn't get to try that. I got fed up and just removed the door panel and unplugged the wing mirror. While I've lost the capability to adjust the glass, the noise has stopped

There is a small nylon cog that fails in the wing mirror mechanism. I had a Mazda 6 with that engine. Sadly the wing mirror issue was the least of my worries. Typically it's a non serviceable part. Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

It got a knock and it seems it's slipped out of alignment from it's mechanism. I now have duck tape around the bottom.

Thanks for the inputs, I may have to bite the bullet on this and get it replaced.

Aside from a manual gearbox that I hate in the car, it's been reliable so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Weezer84

Is the chassis jmzke? if so ring your dealer and ask for K0Y0 69 16Z - this is just the actuator and will solve your problem, should be about €90 +VAT

• Advertisement
Advertisement