Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WTD: Pressfit Removal/Install tools (short term)

Options
  • 14-06-2021 11:10am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Checking to see if anyone can loan a Pressfit removal (BB86) Hollowtech/24mm tool at all, and a tool for installing A pressfit BB86 gxp BB.

Can get them separately from around the continent but no idea when either will arrive.

I suspect I should leave it to the LBS though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

Weepsie wrote: »
    Checking to see if anyone can loan a Pressfit removal (BB86) Hollowtech/24mm tool at all, and a tool for installing A pressfit BB86 gxp BB.

Can get them separately from around the continent but no idea when either will arrive.

Could you press them one at a time with threaded bar and a large washer instead of a drift? Park Tool website recommend using the flat side of a drift if you don't have the right size, at least for 24mm bb.

Alternatively, presuming the inner piece of the drift is 24mm, and the outer lip is big enough to cover the o/d of the bb, it would be easy to machine drifts for it

71v%2B63493ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dexif

Hi Weepsie, I have one of these in Ballsbridge if you want a loan...

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/lifeline-press-fit-bb-installer/rp-prod155423

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dexif wrote: »
    Hi Weepsie, I have one of these in Ballsbridge if you want a loan...

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/lifeline-press-fit-bb-installer/rp-prod155423

I work near enough there so if I can get a removal tool I'd take you up on that.

That's probably a simpler solution, but if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, my offer to machine them still stands, just send a pm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

cletus wrote: »
    That's probably a simpler solution, but if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, my offer to machine them still stands, just send a pm

Cheers. I have some threaded bars alright. I've found a removal tool that will apparently be delivered inside 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have both a homemade Shimano one and a full kit for multiple press fit types I bought in a fit of stupidity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

And just to be clear, I was implying you could borrow them, not just bragging about it.

CramCycle wrote: »
    And just to be clear, I was implying you could borrow them, not just bragging about it.

Separate and aside from this thread, might come looking for dimensions from you sometime, cram

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Jim Murphy 69

I can help you if you wish, I have the tools. Where are you based?

Advertisement