Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Achievement In GAA History

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭Rosita

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    whats the logic in splitting numbers to allow for a hurling team,when the number that picked hurling for dublin over football is zero....

Its not as if hurling is taking from football there?....its every bit as factually conceited as picking county with lowest playing number to make the point?

Okay, so it's only the sport where Dublin are successful we're counting then? At least we have established the agenda anyway.

Rosita wrote: »
    Okay, so it's only the sport where Dublin are successful we're counting then? At least we have established the agenda anyway.

Except noone has said this....chill out

Its simple to see from where im at,that hurling is not drawing/limiting the success of football in dublin as no players have picked it over football.....the logic and caveat that numbers be split when discussing playing numbers and success thereof is surely therefore pointless??

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    Except noone has said this....chill out

Sorry, too late to chill out. I'm far too much out of control. Now if only I could be as cool, calm and collected as you........

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭spaceCreated

The fact that you went for the smallest playing numbers in the country to make your point is more eloquent than anything else you could have said. Funny how you didn't split Dublin's playing numbers (to allow for the fact that they also have a top tier hurling team) and then compare with Donegal, Mayo or Kerry. Wouldn't quite back the narrative you're after I suppose.

A top tier hurling team? DUBLIN :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Youre surely not being serious, come off it, do you watch hurling? Nah youre joking... surely

Okay, for fun lets just split that number in half, they only have 4 times as much as Tipp who are dual county, or Limerick in a similar position. I guess poor Dublin theres no advantage to having twice the numbers of dual county Galway.

Oh no, we've been rumbled :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh no, we've been rumbled :eek:

I'd say you've rumbled trickier customers in your time you clever clever old devil. Some man for wan man!

A top tier hurling team? DUBLIN :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Youre surely not being serious, come off it, do you watch hurling? Nah youre joking... surely

My last comment on this. Dublin were in Division 1 of the hurling League. They won a Leinster hurling championship and a National hurling League, Leinster minor and under 21 hurling championships in the past decade. They gave I would say been more successful in Leinster than Wexford, and at underage gave probably more or less matched Kilkenny. You might not like that but it's true. If you seriously do not regard them as a top tier hurling county then I can't help you. The sport has few enough of them.

No wonder I am here looking over the edge of a cliff dreaming of having your cucumber-like demeanour.

My last comment on this. Dublin were in Division 1 of the hurling League. They won a Leinster hurling championship and a National hurling League, Leinster minor and under 21 hurling championships in the past decade. They gave I would say been more successful in Leinster than Wexford, and at underage gave probably more or less matched Kilkenny. You might not like that but it's true. If you seriously do not regard them as a top tier hurling county then I can't help you. The sport has few enough of them.

No wonder I am here looking over the edge of a cliff dreaming of having your cucumber-like demeanour.

What? :pac::pac::pac:

What? :pac::pac::pac:

Rosey is rattled as fcuk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭cms88

Kilkenny Hurlers 2000-2015 who won 4 all irelands in a row

Funny you compare Dublin to Wexford at senior level, who bar the league title have won the same as Dublin, but ignore it at underage level where as you might say they've ''more or less matched'' them.

• Advertisement

cms88 wrote: »
    Funny you compare Dublin to Wexford at senior level, who bar the league title have won the same as Dublin, but ignore it at underage level where as you might say they've ''more or less matched'' them.

Just for clarification (as opposed to engaging) the word 'senior' does not appear in my post. You are imagining that. In fact that plus your assumption that the "them" I referred is Wexford suggests you didn't read my post very carefully. Doesn't matter as I won't be getting involved but at least deal with stuff that was actually said. Fairly basic comprehension really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭cms88

Just for clarification (as opposed to engaging) the word 'senior' does not appear in my post. You are imagining that. In fact that plus your assumption that the "them" I referred is Wexford suggests you didn't read my post very carefully. Doesn't matter as I won't be getting involved but at least deal with stuff that was actually said. Fairly basic comprehension really.

No i read it all. Why leave out that you were not jut talking about Wexford at senior level then? You only mention Kilkenny when it comes to underage level.

Anyway as we've already seen from you on this you're just going to come back with another meaningless post to try and prove whatever point you're trying to make.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

A few posts today seem to be going a tad off topic.

Kindly get back to the topic only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kerry Footballers 1975-1986 who won 4 all Irelands in a row
    Winning back to back all Ireland’s is impressive. I will give you that. But looking at the Cork double in 1990 as one of the most impressive feats in GAA is a bit of a myth when you break it down. The only win for the footballers in 1990 where you would have said they would have done well to win was Meath in the final. But even that was a slog. The hurlers did beat Tipp and Galway. Footballers did nothing for over a decade so I think the 1990 win was helped by the luck of the draw. And a poor old Kerry side who would go on to lose to Clare. From a Cork impressive perspective in football I think of that 2010 team or Nemo Rangers for consistency at club level. I would rate Leitrim’s win in 1994 ahead of Corks double. Because we of the strength of Cork the easy draw in the football championship.

So you consider pretty much every Kerry All Ireland to be easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Not completely true. No way is it comparable to Galway winning hurling in Connaught.

Dublin 2011 - 2020 is the development of a team and a system who adapted and changed. From the outside looking in many would forget / not know of the evolution of Dublin tactically both prior to 2011 and until 2020. They were not made overnight.

Why tactical evolution did Galway hurling bring??

The 2011 win was a smash and grab - Kerry got caught cold.

The 2013 win was a hard fought one - Dublin won by a point v Mayo. It could be argued Mayo made a balls of it.

The 2015 win was probably the best one as it involved beating Kerry on a dirty day. Plus the tactics of Dublin were changed as a result of the 2014 loss to Donegal the previous year. There was a clear shift and tactical development more patience and strategic thinking

The 2016 win v Mayo that Dublin really should have loss. Went to replay and all. Again you could argue Mayo blew it

The 2017 win Dublin's game management was superb the win v Tyrone in the SF and controlled win v Mayo in the final even if Dublin only won by a point

The 2018 win was the finest display of accuracy in a final I have ever seen v Tyrone. Look up the stats to see how many wides Dublin hit

The 2019 win was superb against Kerry. Jim Gavin used cluxton as a extra man out field when Dublin went a man down in the first game. To level it up. Leaving Tommy Walsh free to be picked up by Cluxton

Genius tactical stuff and analysed by a Kerryman. They know what they are talking about.

The 2020 win - I honestly don't really count a mickey mouse all Ireland win. Not proper at all. Aussie Rules lads were the main variables as a result of COVID19.

--

As I said before Dublin have had to face many teams who are given second chances. Who would otherwise have been knocked out in other eras.

Not sure how any of this is really relevant. The point made was that dublins achievement is lessened because of their overwhelmingly favourable treatment.
    It isnt a new concept either. Look at olympiakos for example, or the celtic scenario when rangers went out of business. Im sure some teams gave them a bit of a game here and there along the way also, but in the bigger picture, the end game was inevitable. When that is the case, it isnt much of an achievement when it comes to pass.
    Objectively speaking, they are a provincial team competing against county teams. It is kind of flat track bully-esque, and that is never really classed as something that is worthy of the highest level of praise. For example, if celtic won something in europe - where teams are capable of rivalling them, it would probably be more worthwhile than their 9 spls put together, while Leicester winning one epl would be classed as a once in a lifetime achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

So you consider pretty much every Kerry All Ireland to be easy?
    The Kerry era mentioned in the poll were fantastic that is beyond doubt. And they showed a remarkable consistency lead by the same core players.

I don't know how you managed to extrapolate 'every' all ireland Kerry won was easy from my point. I have not once implied that every AI is easy.

However some are easier than others.
    In my opinion the following variables should be taken into account when assessing an AI win

1) Given the structures of the championship at the time

2) The luck of the draw at the time

3) The strength of a team at the time

4) The level of competitiveness of opponents

-

1) Structures of the championship

In reference to Kerry they historically have an advantage as the only strong single strong football county in a hurling province. That has been a clear advantage throughout the history of the GAA. And is an anomaly of the system. They are facing mostly division 4 and division 3 teams. Cork were even division 3 recently.

When the championship was purely knock out it meant that only one team from rival counties from each province could emerge. Meaning only ONE of a trio in strong Leinster province of Dublin - Meath - Offaly could emerge for example.

Or a Connaught province where only one of Galway - Mayo and Roscommon could emerge for example.

This was advantageous to Kerry in their most successful era. As they were playing in a hurling province. Only one team with half a footballing tradition Cork.

When the backdoor system emerged this also was advantageous to Kerry as if they did manage to lose in Munster it gave them a second chance. This was seen mostly starkly in the 2009 AI where Kerry defeated Cork. Cork had won Munster that year. In other more traditional years Kerry would have been gone in Munster. Once defeated against Cork and they would have been out of Munster and out of the Championship. But the 'back door' worked to Kerry's advantage.
    If Dublin, Meath or the Ulster teams had a 'back door' in the 1990's history in Gaelic football could have been very different.

It is not Kerry's fault that the championship structures were/are the way they are. They could only play what was in front of them.

You saw how weak the AI championship was in 2020 Covid 19 championship. One sided games when the SF's were reached. Some of the bigger teams did not get a second chance to 'tune in' as Paidi O'Sé used to say.

2) The Luck of the Draw

It was well known in years past in knockout football of a certain era, people would immediately look at which provinces avoid the more difficult provinces.

In Kerry's most successful era the prefered route to a final was to face an Ulster/Connaught team in the AI SF. As Cork did in 1990.
    This would at least give a nicer/easier route to the AI final.

Let's look at the 1975 AI football championship one which Kerry won well against Dublin in the AI final by 7 points.

But look at Kerry's route to the final -

They avoided Leinster in the AI SF - easier route to the Final

Tipp by 13 points
    Cork by 10 points
    Sligo by 17 points (Sligo only scored 5 points)

Of those three teams you would say only one was supposed to be somewhat a challenge for Kerry.

Again, it is not Kerry's fault they could only play the teams they were set to play in the draw. And they beat them well.

To give context 2004 Fermanagh would have played four games in the qualifiers alone (had Tipp not withdrawn) just to reach the AI football SF. Prior to that Fermanagh played Tyrone in Ulster and that would have been that under the old traditional system in Kerry's successful era. As it was (as another poster pointed out) Fermangh were within a boot of the ball of beating Mayo to get to an AI final.

So that is twice as many to play in a championship (six) v Kerry's (three) to reach an AI final for Fermanagh.
    And Fermanagh's games were much more difficult at the time.

3) The strength of the team at the time

In Kerry's glorious era they were miles ahead of most other teams, except the occasional blip. They had no competition in Munster. And only really had to worry about the team that one team that came out of Leinster whether it be in the AI SF or AI Final. Again not Kerry's fault but add in the strength of Kerry's team and the structure of the competition it made things easier than if they would have been in a more difficult province with no back door.

4) The strength of the competitors

Teams in other provinces only got one chance in Kerry's glorious era. What damage would Roscommon. Meath, Offaly, Dublin have done if there was a back door? It has made the latter stages of the competition stronger .

Leinster was arguably the strongest province in Ireland during Kerry's glorious era 70's - 1980's. With Offaly, Meath and Dublin being a trio of fantastic teams. Similar to the level of competitiveness and strength of Ulster in the 1990's Down, Derry and Donegal.

With the advent of the back door system and then the Super 8's the cream of the country is now likely to stay in the hunt for Sam the longer.

At the moment there are a number of counties in the mix

1) Dublin - a superb side ahead of the pack - but aging. Not the same strength and depth

2) Kerry - chasing Dublin hard as they gain experience

3) Mayo - the most consistent team in Ireland over a 20 year period - and has had a refresh

4) Donegal - a team with some highly talented youngsters mix with experience

5) Tyrone - a team with the tradition of Micky Harte behind it but now looking to evolve and make use of their obviously talented squad - particularly their forwards Under new management.

Those would really be the top five with a chance of winning Sam - with honourable mentions to Monaghan and Galway who have the potential to be great sides. If they get the tactics and management right. Cork? I don't know what to make of them.

Again, this is not the top team of the era's fault (Dublin) as it was in Kerry's best era. But football is definitely now more competitive at a national level than it was in Kerry's glorious era. The standard of football has never been higher and those five teams in particular are the ones who will be in the mix in the foreseeable future. An AI has to be properly won now as there are 5/6 teams in the mix or improving to a very competitive level.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

While it was not available to the Kerry team and Dublin never had to avail of it IMO the back door is neutral to the teams. The reason being the hardest battle Jerry faced in that era was from a Cork team that knew there was only one game and one chance. The hardest battle Kerry often had was beating Cork teams that had no other focus.

If there was a back door would Kerry have won the 1983 all Ireland after losing to a Cork team by a point or two if I remember right. Would a back door have allowed it to sneak another AI post 1986. We will never know.

The present Dublin te.havr no challenge in Leinster. Teams are focused on the back door and qualifying for the super eights. The one year that a back door might have mattered in the modern era was last year where Kerry, Donegal and Tyrone were eliminated early and Cork and Cavan as well as Mayo were poor quality opposition in the last 4

Slava Ukrainii

The present Dublin te.havr no challenge in Leinster. Teams are focused on the back door and qualifying for the super eights. The one year that a back door might have mattered in the modern era was last year where Kerry, Donegal and Tyrone were eliminated early and Cork and Cavan as well as Mayo were poor quality opposition in the last 4

I analysed the strength of Munster football and Leinster football based on league position back in 2020

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115518143&postcount=823

And realised there is very little difference in standard between the two.

I realise that last years championship was the oddest year in GAA history, no crowds, aussie rule lads forced to remain and so on.

But it did demonstrate how the backdoor system keeps the cream of the country in until the latter stages of the championship There is no flukes to get to the business end when there is a backdoor.

As big teams who are caught get a second bite of it. If there was a backdoor in the 90's it would have been fierce competitive stuff. With Mayo, Galway, Dublin, Meath, Derry, Donegal, Down, Kerry, Cork, Kildare all still likely in the mix at a QF stage each year instead of only four of them in a SF.

As regards greatest achievement it depends how you factor it in.

One rare one off or consistency?
    A manager lifting a team against the odds? A few great players lifting a team against the odds?

Westmeath and Paidi is an example of a manager lifting a team in 2003 from no place. Or like Micko did with Laois. And through his star attraction with Kildare. Sure didn't Micko did beat teams he had no right to with Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

All this talk of 6 in a row and no one yet mentioned one of our most famous sons Jack Lynch did it already 1941-46 ;)

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    All this talk of 6 in a row and no one yet mentioned one of our most famous sons Jack Lynch did it already 1941-46 ;)

Plus he was a dual star Taoiseach, and has a tunnel named after him.

He deserves his own category!

You would have some job to top all of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,039 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not completely true. No way is it comparable to Galway winning hurling in Connaught.

Dublin 2011 - 2020 is the development of a team and a system who adapted and changed. From the outside looking in many would forget / not know of the evolution of Dublin tactically both prior to 2011 and until 2020. They were not made overnight.

Why tactical evolution did Galway hurling bring??

The 2011 win was a smash and grab - Kerry got caught cold.

The 2013 win was a hard fought one - Dublin won by a point v Mayo. It could be argued Mayo made a balls of it.

The 2015 win was probably the best one as it involved beating Kerry on a dirty day. Plus the tactics of Dublin were changed as a result of the 2014 loss to Donegal the previous year. There was a clear shift and tactical development more patience and strategic thinking

The 2016 win v Mayo that Dublin really should have loss. Went to replay and all. Again you could argue Mayo blew it

The 2017 win Dublin's game management was superb the win v Tyrone in the SF and controlled win v Mayo in the final even if Dublin only won by a point

The 2018 win was the finest display of accuracy in a final I have ever seen v Tyrone. Look up the stats to see how many wides Dublin hit

The 2019 win was superb against Kerry. Jim Gavin used cluxton as a extra man out field when Dublin went a man down in the first game. To level it up. Leaving Tommy Walsh free to be picked up by Cluxton

Genius tactical stuff and analysed by a Kerryman. They know what they are talking about.

The 2020 win - I honestly don't really count a mickey mouse all Ireland win. Not proper at all. Aussie Rules lads were the main variables as a result of COVID19.

--

As I said before Dublin have had to face many teams who are given second chances. Who would otherwise have been knocked out in other eras.

Dublin have revolutionised Gaelic Football, at a time when it was highly competitive and beaten off the greatest Mayo team ever, one of the best Kerry teams ever and the second-best Tyrone team.

Cluxton, as the Donaghy video points out, is an unbelievable leader, and possibly the greatest Gaelic footballer of all time. The six-in-a-row team fully deserve the title of GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

blanch152 wrote: »
    Dublin have revolutionised Gaelic Football, at a time when it was highly competitive and beaten off the greatest Mayo team ever, one of the best Kerry teams ever and the second-best Tyrone team.

Cluxton, as the Donaghy video points out, is an unbelievable leader, and possibly the greatest Gaelic footballer of all time. The six-in-a-row team fully deserve the title of GOAT.

The most influential maybe.

I'd be hard pushed to say Cluxton is a better Gaelic Footballer than Peter Canavan or Michael Murphy or Colin Cooper.

(He's only ever scored one point FFS ):D

Your points are well made - the Dublin team has revolutionised Gaelic Football, and is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest team of all time.

However, whether Dubs like it or not, the achievement has to be placed in the context of resources.

If hypothetically Carlow or Longford had been given the same management, the same training, the same coaching that Dublin players have had in the past decade - if Pat Gilroy and then Jim Gavin had been manager with the same personnel and training and the same revolutionary approach to the game that you describe = I'd be surprised if they'd even have won a provincial title.

And I'd even go further and say that there is an argument - in my view - that Monaghan, with a population of 66000 - has outperformed in relation to resources more than Dublin has, over the past decade.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    The most influential maybe.

I'd be hard pushed to say Cluxton is a better Gaelic Footballer than Peter Canavan or Michael Murphy or Colin Cooper.

(He's only ever scored one point FFS ):D

Your points are well made - the Dublin team has revolutionised Gaelic Football, and is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest team of all time.

However, whether Dubs like it or not, the achievement has to be placed in the context of resources.

If hypothetically Carlow or Longford had been given the same management, the same training, the same coaching that Dublin players have had in the past decade - if Pat Gilroy and then Jim Gavin had been manager with the same personnel and training and the same revolutionary approach to the game that you describe = I'd be surprised if they'd even have won a provincial title.

And I'd even go further and say that there is an argument - in my view - that Monaghan, with a population of 66000 - has outperformed in relation to resources more than Dublin has, over the past decade.

Im not a big believer in the cluxton spiel personally. I dont see how he is all that different to dean rock, ie a dead ball specialist who is a good player besides. How can one be a great free taker and the other classed as the best player ever? It doesnt really make sense.

Id agree re monaghan, they have outperformed everyone truth be told. There is probably an argument to be made that theirs in the blueprint we should all be following.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Im not a big believer in the cluxton spiel personally. I dont see how he is all that different to dean rock, ie a dead ball specialist who is a good player besides. How can one be a great free taker and the other classed as the best player ever? It doesnt really make sense.

I agree. Cluxton is great with placed balls and set pieces. Dublin perfected kickout strategy but this is dependent on an accurate kicker, excellent movement of the outfield players and the coaching staff to coordinate - i think Cluxton gets a disproportionate amount of credit for this strategy

I agree. Cluxton is great with placed balls and set pieces. Dublin perfected kickout strategy but this is dependent on an accurate kicker, excellent movement of the outfield players and the coaching staff to coordinate - i think Cluxton gets a disproportionate amount of credit for this strategy

Exactly right. Plus you have to factor in who he is kicking the ball to. He has a group of kickout winning machines in howard, McCarthy, fenton, kilkenny, and mccauley and flynn before that. Stick him in for carlow in a match against dublin and a load of those kicks probably get turned over, for no other reason than the target will simply be beaten to the ball over the ground.
    It was similar with david clarke - a big majority of his woes actually came against kerry, where david moran was simply perfectly suited to his kickouts and nobody could match him. You would imagine if his teammates had the brains to simply surround moran - pre mark - this issue would have been resolved. But the media go with the goalkeeper stuff and we lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Exactly right. Plus you have to factor in who he is kicking the ball to. He has a group of kickout winning machines in howard, McCarthy, fenton, kilkenny, and mccauley and flynn before that. Stick him in for carlow in a match against dublin and a load of those kicks probably get turned over, for no other reason than the target will simply be beaten to the ball over the ground.
    It was similar with david clarke - a big majority of his woes actually came against kerry, where david moran was simply perfectly suited to his kickouts and nobody could match him. You would imagine if his teammates had the brains to simply surround moran - pre mark - this issue would have been resolved. But the media go with the goalkeeper stuff and we lap it up.

True, the keeper always gets the blame for a TEAM kickout strategy going wrong.

Back on topic! About 20 odds years ago we were after winning a Minor county championship, I was driving back after playing a soccer match in North kerry and got a call, to see would I stop off on the way home to make up the numbers for a Junior B match, grand I said sure I can jump in at corner back or corner forward, somewhere with as little running as possible, as I was after playing 90 mins at midfield already. Baxtards started me at wing back (because I was young and itd be no bother to me apparently) Anyhow the other lads had a 5ft 4" Rotund full back who fancied himself as abit of a seamus moynihan, kept galloping up the pitch, quite a sight I can tell you. Our full forward was a big lanky lazy lad that wouldn't follow him. So we were playing away and there was a typical Junior B shamozial on our 45 and as the ball broke to me I noticed the portly figure of their FB rushing at me like a heifer left out of the shed in spring. If he's here! Whos marking Joe (our ff) i thought!. So with me not wanting to do any running, I drove the ball as high and as hard as I possibly could towards their goal, Hoping Joe would be underneath it. The ball took an age to drop and in the end it nearly came straight down, and landed over the bar on top of the roof of the net. Its the longest range point id ever seem and under the circumstances I believe it to be the single greatest achievement in GAA history.

TITANIUM. wrote: »

Back on topic! About 20 odds years ago we were after winning a Minor county championship, I was driving back after playing a soccer match in North kerry and got a call, to see would I stop off on the way home to make up the numbers for a Junior B match, grand I said sure I can jump in at corner back or corner forward, somewhere with as little running as possible, as I was after playing 90 mins at midfield already. Baxtards started me at wing back (because I was young and itd be no bother to me apparently) Anyhow the other lads had a 5ft 4" Rotund full back who fancied himself as abit of a seamus moynihan, kept galloping up the pitch, quite a sight I can tell you. Our full forward was a big lanky lazy lad that wouldn't follow him. So we were playing away and there was a typical Junior B shamozial on our 45 and as the ball broke to me I noticed the portly figure of their FB rushing at me like a heifer left out of the shed in spring. If he's here! Whos marking Joe (our ff) i thought!. So with me not wanting to do any running, I drove the ball as high and as hard as I possibly could towards their goal, Hoping Joe would be underneath it. The ball took an age to drop and in the end it nearly came straight down, and landed over the bar on top of the roof of the net. Its the longest range point id ever seem and under the circumstances I believe it to be the single greatest achievement in GAA history.

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Reckon we should just close the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

I hope to God you walked straight off the field and never kicked a ball again in your life. You'd have gone down in folklore. Fellas would talk in hushed tones as you entered the pub. "There he is now. That's the man. I heard the county chairman was onto him, begging him to tog out, if only for the all Ireland but he wouldn't budge."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

You can ‘pull my other one’ also…ott hyperbolic tale and not in the slightest bit credible or even humorous :(

Advertisement