Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jeanneau Leader 705 niggles

Options
  • 10-06-2021 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

So I have my boat back in the water for the summer, a Jenneau Leader 705 with the Kad 32 diesel engine.
    Of course it has the obligatory niggles to sort out after the winter.

1. The fuel guage is reading full all the time. I've had a few runs out on it so I know the tank isn't full. The needle isn't stuck either as it goes back to zero with the power off. This leads me to think its the tank unit thats damaged? Anyone shed any light or troubleshooting tips?

2. The potable water pump isn't working to deliver water to the tap.
    Again, any troubleshooting tips would be great.

Many thanks guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sounds like the fuel level sender is stuck or one of it's coils is broken they are cheep to replace but are sometimes hard to get at :eek: they are normally on top of the fuel tank and will look like a 4" disc on a cork washer with bolts/screws around it and one wire going to the clock.

You might be airlocked, if you can hear the pump running when you turn on the tap then try putting a bit of hose over the open tap and suck till the water hits the pump, you could also take the shower head off and try sucking on the hose while turning it from hot to cold, make sure you don't have hot water in the tank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

fergal.b wrote: »
    Sounds like the fuel level sender is stuck or one of it's coils is broken they are cheep to replace but are sometimes hard to get at :eek: they are normally on top of the fuel tank and will look like a 4" disc on a cork washer with bolts/screws around it and one wire going to the clock.

You might be airlocked, if you can hear the pump running when you turn on the tap then try putting a bit of hose over the open tap and suck till the water hits the pump, you could also take the shower head off and try sucking on the hose while turning it from hot to cold, make sure you don't have hot water in the tank :)

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for the reply. Unusually I have great access to the top of the tank and the fuel sender. Im pretty confident of getting a fix or just replacing if needs be.

Regarding the water pump, it seems like its dead. No sound at all when its switched on. I'll try route around online and see can I pin point which fuse belongs to it, just in case its that simple. Otherwise I'll be back here for more tips from the experts!

Advertisement