We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Handlebars

Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,473 mod Vegeta

Hey folks, I recently picked up a hard tail mountain bike and with the saddle at a good height for peddaling, I find the handle bars just a tad low. Feel a bit of pressure in my hands just cycling along on the flat, tricky to get a balanced positon when standing etc. etc.

So I'd like to get a set of riser bars, hoping for 50mm rise in 31.8mm diameter.

Question is, are there any go to sites for this stuff? Chain reaction, wiggle??? Would prefer to support a local/Irish business if I could

Comments

Try the bike rack or cycle superstore, they usually have pretty decent stock. Bike24 are usually a bit cheaper than wiggle etc and have better stock in most cases.

Rather than going with such a high riser bar, can you not put a 15mm stem spacer on and go with 35mm riser?

Wailin wrote: »
    Try the bike rack or cycle superstore, they usually have pretty decent stock. Bike24 are usually a bit cheaper than wiggle etc and have better stock in most cases.

Thanks a million, I'll check those out.
    Rather than going with such a high riser bar, can you not put a 15mm stem spacer on and go with 35mm riser?

This would have been my go-to option but from the factory there is no space to move the stem up on the steering tube, there are spacers below the stem but none above it. I'm very inexperienced with all things mtb so maybe there's a way around that.......

Society & Culture