Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garage door shortage?

• 08-06-2021 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

My builder engaged with a company to get a garage door for my new garage. I'm going with a sectional, insulated door with a brand name of -snip-. He reached out to them in January and the measurements were done then. Due to COVID-19 there was a delay, but construction has been back now for over a month and no door as yet. The installer was dodging his calls.

He says there's a delay due to Brexit as the doors are actually made in Germany. I have no idea where they're made, but pretty sure Germany didn't leave the EU during Brexit and Lidl seems to be fully stocked...

I've found a few other garage door installers and they all seem to install -snip- doors for insulated, sectional doors. Is my installer correct that there are delays for these doors, or is the installer just faffing about and trying to long-finger a bunch of delayed jobs?

If that brand is delayed, are there insulated doors that are an option?

Advertisement