Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

any other main car sales website apart from Donedeal and CarsIreland?

• 03-06-2021 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    Im looking to bure a 2nd hand petrol car in Limerick....any other main car sales website apart from Donedeal and CarsIreland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Carzone. Facebook Marketplace

Donedeal is king really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Marketplace on Facebook is for individuals with zero intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kil

Adverts.ie is great if you want to know how much half the asking price of a car is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

kil wrote: »
    Adverts.ie is great if you want to know how much half the asking price of a car is.

Swap4MyAd?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Is cat there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might have to cast your net a bit further than your location. I've bought my last few cars up the country because there were little or none of what I wanted local to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Fils wrote: »
    Marketplace on Facebook is for individuals with zero intellect.

I don't know about that, there's bargains to be had.

At the end of the day you are looking to buy a car not join MENSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Well done Eperello.
    First time I've seen F/B Marketplace and MENSA mentioned together, anywhere, ever........:).
    I'd say there are two totally different sections of society now scratching their heads :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭elperello

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Well done Eperello.
    First time I've seen F/B Marketplace and MENSA mentioned together, anywhere, ever........:).
    I'd say there are two totally different sections of society now scratching their heads :D:D:D

Thank you, I like to think I'm ahead of the posse :)

Smart people sell cars to dumb people and vice versa.

If the the car is sound and the deal is good that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

I've successfully bought and sold a few on Adverts, the feedback is great for filtering timewasters.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kil

Buffman wrote: »
    I've successfully bought and sold a few on Adverts, the feedback is great for filtering timewasters.

You are one of the few who had a positive experience but I agree feedback can tell a lot. I haven't advertised a car there for a long time due to the messing that goes on there on most ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

You are one of the few who had a positive experience but I agree feedback can tell a lot. I haven't advertised a car there for a long time due to the messing that goes on there on most ads.

Do you wanna swap your post above for a post I made on politics.ie ?

Advertisement