Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Farm taxes question

• 28-05-2021 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭ JJayoo

When handing in receipts/payments to the accountant do you also have to give them bank statements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭ Jb1989

JJayoo wrote: »
    When handing in receipts/payments to the accountant do you also have to give them bank statements?

I do, they need access to them one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ jntsnk

Yes. Everything must be accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭ JJayoo

Thank you for the replies, since I don't receive any other form of income I didn't think there was a need to hand in a full years worth of bank statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭ Jb1989

Thank you for the replies, since I don't receive any other form of income I didn't think there was a need to hand in a full years worth of bank statements.

You have to prove you weren't lodgeing cheques or cash from private jobs or sales, like drawing in bales or selling firewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ jntsnk

You know that but revenue don’t , so everything has be accounted for with bank statements and receipts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,230 ✭✭✭✭ Bass Reeves

Your accountant needs to account for all your spending. Down the line you may want to introduce capital from your personal account into a business. If you don't give all the account details at the start in 5-10 years time when this happens you need to prove that this money was not taxable. If you every get am audit revenue will access these bank accounts anyway. It a good idea to give them your spouse's bank accounts as well and details of there earning as they can get an tax rebate due at this stage

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement