Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Giro stage 15 Sunday

• 23-05-2021 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭ neris

Race neutralized not long in after a bad crash and he stretchers are out.

927SmEyrYGhZE7nqcEP7_230421-104906.jpg?v=20210423124906
    GFiULtaXs0xTyhTCEEt5_230421-104858.jpg?v=20210423124859

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,194 ✭✭✭✭ Enfilade

Plenty getting cuts and road rash seen to there too. 3 abandons so far resulting from the crash. Van Emden looked to be the worst off. Only 5km into the stage here when it was stopped.

🚴‍♂️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭ mewso

Was just going to create a thread. Here is the usual profile/betting stuff:-

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-profile-n2-9a7513e097.jpg

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-map-900e70a58f.png

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-finish-aa1e466c9e.png

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-climb-f6f831e93a.jpg

Betting:-
    Peter Sagan 3/1
    Alberto Bettiol 14/1
    Davide Cimolai 16/1
    Fernando Gaviria 22/1
    Mikkel Honore 22/1

So Sagan a heavy favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭ neris

On the move again no but racing not underway yet

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭ Reality_Check1

Can someone explain to me the idea of blocking the road please? I understand why certain teams do it to let the brake get away but how does it fit into the rules? I imagine that its in the UCI rules that you aren't allowed deliberately block another rider

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭ Inquitus

What a ****e stage for a Sunday, why isn't Monday's stage on today for the weekend TV viewers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭ Mefistofelino

Can someone explain to me the idea of blocking the road please? I understand why certain teams do it to let the brake get away but how does it fit into the rules? I imagine that its in the UCI rules that you aren't allowed deliberately block another rider

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fair-game-or-unnecessary-the-dark-arts-of-blocking-the-road/

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭ Reality_Check1

Inquitus wrote: »
    What a ****e stage for a Sunday, why isn't Monday's stage on today for the weekend TV viewers?

Prob had to tone it down after the stage yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭ neris

its not the greatest but need a big stage teh day before the rest day and theyd probably kill the riders giving them 2 big days in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭ djemba djemba

Big deterioration in the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭ CantGetNoSleep

Bank holiday in most of Europe today

• Advertisement
Advertisement