Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Room to Improve": The Late Late Show - Friday 21st May 2021.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fook me..

Homelessness, MS, breast cancer, palliative care/death and now sick children..

What a sick show!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

After the break, A Prime Time Special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Macdarack wrote: »
    Gaybo and his Late Late show was much better than this guys.
    Way better variety with Gaybo.

No denying that. But the real Gaybo the person, was seen in the Annie Murphy interview when he tried to bully her.

I'd say he was a cantakerous little bollix to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Who's voice is doing the AXA ad does anyone know? Sounds familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I think so far in my life I've witnessed maybe 3 or 4 nostalgia sessions for Gay Byrne and the same for Gerry Ryan. That seems like alot.

They got serious mileage out of Brendan Grace lately too

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Loads of avid readers as dull as fooking dishwater..

And as thick as two planks!!

I'm a librarian, and it can be annoying all the what I read crack. A lot of them have no balance in their lives, humour, exercise, love of the outdoors etc. They're like a cult :D 20 years in the job and going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,113 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Doireann Project, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Jesus ****ing christ... MORE misery

Will they be interviewing the chair?!

I'm a librarian, and it can be annoying all the what I read crack. A lot of them have no balance in their lives, humour, exercise, love of the outdoors etc. They're like a cult :D 20 years in the job and going to change.

I am a retired librarian! We are very organised multi-taskers with a hell of a lot going for us :D

• Advertisement

Ryan must need to take a shower after this every Friday to try and wash the disgusting feeling away but it will never go away. If he had any decency and has exhausted all avenues to change this shows direction he should resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I know it's said every week that it's a misery show but ffs, any ould f&&kin craic. Jesus H tiddy *F*uk

M

Why ask the Taoiseach?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Am I heartless when watching interviews like this when I think.... why do parents not buy this equipment themselves? Why is it up to the state to provide them?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

What kind of chair she's after.? How much for the chair I wonder.

I'm off. Going to watch season two of 'succession'.
    it's a show about the media and nepotism so it will never be talked about on rte for obvious reasons.

I hope everyone who was involved in tonight's show is truly ashamed of themselves and that everyone who read and posted in the thread wasn't too badly effected and their weekend gets better from here on out.

M

Does the father not give money?

No there is 'none'.

I am a retired librarian! We are very organised multi-gaskets with a hell of a lot going for us :D

There since Branching Out 1998 Catmaniac?

A lot are fine but a lot, where I am at least, aren't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭B2021M

mloc123 wrote: »
    Am I heartless when watching interviews like this when I think.... why do parents not buy this equipment themselves? Why is it up to the state to provide them?

Everything seems to be up to the state these days. Not sustainable.

M

Would she be entitled to a compensation from the IVF place?

• Advertisement

I think in practice a fair few actually do... but they are probably speaking on behalf of parents who genuinely have few resources and are trying to highlight the issues on behalf of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Would she be entitled to a compensation from the IVF place?

For what because a baby happened to have a very extremely rare condition.

M

Those who shout the loudest get 3 bed forever homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Because it’s often extremely expensive. How heartless could one be to think a young innocent child who only has a few short years to live should not be provided by her state with vital equipment to keep her safe and comfortable and give her dignity for those few years. Why should the state provide any supports to anyone? The dole, the PUP? Because we’re a civilised society who supposedly looks after it’s people especially the most vulnerable in society who cannot speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know we joke about Tubridy being a vampire for misery.

But Every. Fecking. Week!!!! Come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Did she not just say earlier those who shout loudest are forgotten. Now saying those who shout loudest get most. While I am sorry for them and I know a few carers they seem to me woe is me I can't have the life I want

M

Not calling the prize winner again, odd and could be perceived as crooked like a Credit Union draw for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The off-screen running comments, encouragement grunts, and fake forced laugh were at record levels tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,604 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not Cark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭B2021M

The off-screen running comments, encouragement grunts, and fake forced laugh were at record levels tonight.

Seemed especially so when Gay's daughters were talking about how embarrassing he was to them as teenagers...

Advertisement