Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Room to Improve": The Late Late Show - Friday 21st May 2021.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,106 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

walshb wrote: »
    Gay and Kathleen?

Both adopted.

Wait. Wut.

I'm sitting here thinking how one woman is the image of Gay and the other is the image of Kathleen. Gawd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

He presented a good show but I wasn't fond of Gay. Condescending and had a massive opinion of himself.

Ryan presents a poorer show but I prefer him as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,569 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Both adopted.

I know..

Their parents are the two people who reared them. Not the people who didn’t rear them.

• Advertisement
    M

If they do the entire interview and he doesn't ask them about who their parents were it's a fooking joke of an organisation, truth matters me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Ah the girl on the left looks like him???

M

walshb wrote: »
    I know..

Their parents are the two people who reared them. Not the people who didn’t rear them.
    But RTE will always ask every other adoptee about their birth parents(s), any time PJ Gallagher is on, Joanne McNally etc.

He presented a good show but I wasn't fond of Gay. Condescending and had a massive opinion of himself.

Gaybo and his Late Late show was much better than this guys.
    Way better variety with Gaybo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If they do the entire interview and he doesn't ask them about who their parents were it's a fooking joke of an organisation, truth matters me hole.

Would you whisht.

This is a segment for old D4 rte freinds to catch up with either other and mention places like loretto on the green and the Wesley disco. Turf munchers and plebs like us are just displaying typical Irish begrudgery by not being happy at allowed to eavesdrop

• Advertisement

Kind of agree..

I don't like this 'oh I never took a sick day' I'm great BS.

It's just luck. When you're very sick you won't be able to work. It's only chance how healthy you are. Not some great act of will power.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He was probably sick listening and watching RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Gay never wanted to talk about cancer.... Ryan: WHAT?

He can't believe everyone doesn't bath in the misery

Tubridy and his book recommendations..

Quit the BS, Ryan. You are not a bookworm no matter how much you try to insist to people that you are..

Duffy at home literally THRASHING his sitting room coz he wasn't there to make his "Gay thought Solphadine was a Brazilian footballer" comment.

Macdarack wrote: »
    Ah the girl on the left looks like him???

Maybe there's more to the 'adoption' than we think!

Que Dustin the turkey to roll in on his box.

Light touch interview for daughters of RTE royalty

I think so far in my life I've witnessed maybe 3 or 4 nostalgia sessions for Gay Byrne and the same for Gerry Ryan. That seems like alot.

• Advertisement

Light touch interview for daughters of RTE royalty

They've been running down the clock since last week. This season is all but over apart from actually turning off the lights.

M

The Irish funeral is done well.

Maybe there's more to the 'adoption' than we think!

My mother always thought about the girls likewise... Crona, when not laryngitis, has a voice like Kathleen. It's possible there might have been a family situation with a very good outcome for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

It's all about feelings with Tubridy. it wasn't like this with Gay. Yet Gay is responsible for Tubridy and Duffy. Not a great legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

But RTE will always ask every other adoptee about their birth parents(s), any time PJ Gallagher is on, Joanne McNally etc.

That is because both of those comedians work those stories about their lives into their comedy sketches.

To thine own self be true

PieOhMy wrote: »
    If the Late Late Show was a person it would actualy end up as a guest on itself due to the fact it clearly is in terminal decline and should be in palatative care itself. Its the sickest one of all.

They've clearly stopped even trying with 2 weeks to go, already talking about next season for some reason, interviewing the same staff yet again and as far as I know not even relasing the guest line up mid week as I assume they know themselves it is so pathetic? Still the wages will be paid regardless of the shameful program put forth. It's been a terrible week generally and this is what we get? What happened the positive shows post McGuigan?

I wasn't afraid to mention palatative care before the show started Ryan!!!!! It's where this programme should be along with the careers of the people who accept their wages for torturing the nation like this at such a difficult time.

He/she was an avid reader is a phrase I totally disdain.

A lot of intelligent people don't read much. Pretentious rubbish.

My mother always thought about the girls likewise... Crohns, when not laryngitis, has a voice like Kathleen. It's possible there might have been a family situation with a very good outcome for the day.

So like Gay around her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

Lucky to have the LLS Best of by Gay Byrne on sky plus.

Think it was a series on RTÉ last summer.

Throw it on some nights during the week.

Great guests.

Thanks Gay.

• Advertisement

He/she was an avid reader is a phrase I totally disdain.

A lot of intelligent people don't read much. Pretentious rubbish.

Loads of avid readers as dull as fooking dishwater..

And as thick as two planks!!

Advertisement