Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Need a bike rack for 2016 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

• 18-05-2021 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭ relax carry on

Evening. In need of recommendations for a bike rack for a 2016 C4 Grand Picasso. Don't have towbar or roof bars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭ 07Lapierre

How many bikes do you need to transport?

Check the Thule website where you can select racks by vehicle Make/model.

These will fit any car...
    Www.seasucker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭ relax carry on

07Lapierre wrote: »
    How many bikes do you need to transport?

Check the Thule website where you can select racks by vehicle Make/model.

These will fit any car...
    Www.seasucker.com

Cheers. Two adults and two kids. Might be ok with 1 adult and 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭ crosstownk

A Citroen dealer will supply genuine parts but these are actually made by Thule. You'll need a pair of transverse roof bars to mount bike carriers on to and a fixing kit for each bike carrier.

RRP of the accessories is:
    Roof bars (assuming you have longitudinal bars) €330
    Bike carrier €170
    Mounting kit €13.

For every bike you intend to carry, you'll need an additional bike carrier and fixing kit.

It's expensive but it's a starting point so you can price elsewhere and compare - no doubt there's less expensive options on the market.

PM me your C4's VIN and I'll get you accurate Citroen prices and the details of your nearest dealer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ednwireland

I've got stuff from halfords I've used the same bars for 20 years with my thule racks just buying different fitting accessories for different cars. I a number of bike carriers as well.

although thule ain't cheap one of my bike carriers is 25 years old.

Advertisement