Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperBad: The Late Late Show - Friday 14th May 2021

• 13-05-2021 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Ryan Tubridy will chat to Hollywood actor and producer Seth Rogen, star of Superbad, Bad Neighbours and The Lion King, about why he is not afraid of burning celebrity bridges in his new book, why you should always be careful about meeting your heroes, and how one of his movies nearly started a world war.

Cue questions about the name Rogen sounding Irish, and the fact that he and his wife raised money for Alzheimer's awareness.
    Sinead and Mark Gallagher-Hedderman made news headlines last month when they had to take their case to court to avoid mandatory hotel quarantine with their eight-day-old baby boy. Now, four weeks after quarantining at home, they share their surrogacy story and introduce Ryan to their baby Theo.

I must have missed this at the time. Looks like Donnelly intervened to allow an exemption for surrogate parents.
    The Student Enterprise Awards highlights hopeful teenage entrepreneurs as they share their innovative inventions with Ryan. From revolutionising how we organise our fridge to a game-changer in how we tag our cattle, these young people have their eyes on the student enterprise. We'll be showcasing some of this year's 24,000 entries from across Ireland.

Good luck to 'em. Hopefully no more lambs on carousels though.

?width=630&version=2566870
    To celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Commitments, Ryan will be joined by a supergroup to perform the greatest songs from the soundtrack to the 1991 film. Westend star Killian Donnelly and Eurovision winner, Niamh Kavanagh will be singing on the night.

When I were a lad, I would have crawled across a mile of broken glass for Angeline Ball.

Niamh Kavanagh, all credit to her, had no such effect on me.
    Relatives of some of the 10 innocent victims killed during the Ballymurphy Massacre speak to Ryan about their 50-year quest for justice and what they believe UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson needs to do next.

They're five decades waiting for the truth to come out, and they want Boris to say sorry properly. There we go.

Could he not have written individual letters for a start?

Boris%20letter.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Rogen be stoned and talk about boycotting mate Franco now and why no stars of The Commitments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Sounds terrible, as usual. I'll inform the wife so she doesn't switch it on to see who's on so we don't have to spend 5 minute looking at Tubbs tapping his cards off the desk while trying to force out the words to get all the Aul wans texting to win 10k.

I hope Seth has some kind of bad luck story lined up, medical wise, or ryan won’t be happy. If nobody in the immediate family has been sick he should rattle around the family history to find an aunt who passed a stone that time, of the great uncle who went mad from the syphilis. Prepare a sad face. Cry if needed.

I hope Seth has some kind of bad luck story lined up, medical wise, or ryan won’t be happy. If nobody in the immediate family has been sick he should rattle around the family history to find an aunt who passed a stone that time, of the great uncle who went mad from the syphilis. Prepare a sad face. Cry if needed.

With a famous foreigner, the first port of call is the Irish heritage question.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

McGaggs wrote: »
    With a famous foreigner, the first port of call is the Irish heritage question.

With Rogen, he will be disappointed and it would be pretty poor to even ask him as it's easily found out that he has no Irish in him at all. Maybe the wife?
    fvp4 wrote: »

I think he works with Alzheimer's charities because the wife's mother died of it. Ryan has his disease of the week. Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Time they got an audience back, fooking around now like fools the last few months, 50 people to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will Rogen be stoned and talk about boycotting mate Franco now and why no stars of The Commitments

Because it was a s**te film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

A difficult season nearly over.
    With the lls on its knees I don't know why virgin media hasn't tried to challenge the time slot with something similar like Dunphy did before.
    Id say Elaine would have a good go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,483 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

AmusedFinishedFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

and how one of his movies nearly started a world war.

Tubridy really keeping it topical talking about that awful film about Kim Jong Un made 7 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,483 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Cute%2BCat%2BGIF%2B%25E2%2580%25A2%2BAdorable%2Bkitty%2Bchilling%2Band%2Bmeowing%2Bin%2Bher%2Bcomfy%2Bbasket.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hazemat

Tubridy aside, how is the standard "talk show" format not dead already?

M

sully123 wrote: »
    A difficult season nearly over.
    With the lls on its knees I don't know why virgin media hasn't tried to challenge the time slot with something similar like Dunphy did before.
    Id say Elaine would have a good go at it.

Especially from June onwards until LLS returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

hazemat wrote: »

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/conan-o-brien-leaving-tbs-late-night-show-new-hbo-n1248034

I recall seeing somewhere when this was announced that conan thought the talk show format was comming to an end. This comming from a man with more sincerity and broadcasting talent in his left fingernail than Turbridy has in his entire body is saying alot. Also this show that had A listers a few times a week! Maybe after the expected pathetic interview on the late late he realised how bad the format could be.
    In terms of the format on rte it will never go away. There will sadly always be tragic stories and illness to exploit and as always the purpose of the show is not to entertain the viewers, it's to keep the people who work on it in the job, which it does. So it's missions accomplished there.

Also side point Tubridy has said that he listens to the conan o brien needs a friend podcast, evidently picking up absolutely nothing in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Key point being, he "says" he listens to it.

Just like he says he reads all those books. It's just for bragging rights, and to portray the semblance of a personality.

hazemat wrote: »

I think the one person/group talking to Tubbs format is terrible. Having the guests stay on so they can also talk to the next guest has always gotten more interesting conversations going.

The Tommy Tiernan show is the way to go. I don't think Tubbs has the intelligence or charisma for that though.

Key point being, he "says" he listens to it.

Just like he says he reads all those books. It's just for bragging rights, and to portray the semblance of a personality.

True, probably listened to 10mins of one as preparation for the lls appearance. It's pretty clear he just watches Hamilton and a few other shows over and over and over again.

I think the one person/group talking to Tubbs format is terrible. Having the guests stay on so they can also talk to the next guest has always gotten more interesting conversations going.

The Tommy Tiernan show is the way to go. I don't think Tubbs has the intelligence or charisma for that though.

An excel spreadsheet could replace Tubridys and there would be no change in output. Just send the spreadsheet to the stars agent to fill out in advance "have you irish connections, have you heath issues in your family, don't you hate trump" and then have the text to voice app just read out the questions and answers. Would save so much on costs and so would bring some human warmth and empathy to proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

PieOhMy wrote: »
    An excel spreadsheet could replace Tubridys and there would be no change in output. Just send the spreadsheet to the stars agent to fill out in advance "have you irish connections, have you heath issues in your family, don't you hate trump" and then have the text to voice app just read out the questions and answers. Would save so much on costs and so would bring some human warmth and empathy to proceedings.

"Stars"? You take that back! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I wonder will Tubridy's interview with Seth Rogen be as good as the one with fellow Superbad star Jonah Hill.

You seem nervous man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

[/b]
    Because it was a s**te film.

Can't let this go unchallenged. You're taking out of your @r$e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

?width=630&version=2566870
    That is absolutely twisted and vile, i remember walking into the kitchen at home as a teenager and nearly gawking when I saw it.

What were they thinking, exposing the public to the indignities livestock suffer before being slaughtered!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Tommy tiernan show is not live. Late late show is live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Tommy tiernan show is not live. Late late show is live.

Does it matter? This is this weeks Tubs bashing thread as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭KevRossi

PieOhMy wrote: »

Yeah, if RTE tried that with a Max Headroom type character, they could save a fortune. A couple of interns loading the questions up and an IT geek on hand on a Friday night to make sure it's plugged in. €450,000 saved p.a.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

That is absolutely twisted and vile, i remember walking into the kitchen at home as a teenager and nearly gawking when I saw it.

What were they thinking, exposing the public to the indignities livestock suffer before being slaughtered!

If it makes you feel better, that wasn't a mechanism for slaughtering, rather for tagging them.

M

Ffs, Ukraine again, he shouldn't be encouraging using a non EU country.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,561 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ffs, Ukraine again, he shouldn't be encouraging using a non EU country.

Ukraine is part of EU isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 KKman82

Imagine if this clown was a therapist. Pushing people until they have a full breakdown.

• Advertisement
    M

Ukraine is part of EU isn't it

Eh no.

Advertisement