Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Russian school shooting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"Officially, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Tatarstan reports that Ilnaz Galyaliev attacked the school alone. However, the police are checking another version - that the attacker had two accomplices. The criminals had an explosive device and automatic weapons.

The number of victims of the shooting in the gymnasium increased to 22 people."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah man, RIP.

President Vladmir Putin has called for "urgent" tightening of gun control restrictions following the shooting, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

At least Putin has his head screwed on as to how such attacks can help be prevented in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

It won't make the slightest difference. Russia is awash with illegal firearms ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union and whole armouries were looted. Between organised crime,militant Islamists, far right nationalists, every toerag is armed to the teeth and it's a huge area to try and secure. Putin knows this perfectly well.

Looks like a shot gun was used..

https://ibb.co/thpv0qx

Quote from the killer.. “A monster started to wake up in me. I started to ****ing hate everyone. I've always ****ing hated everyone! "

Quotes attributed to his father make him seem like a nice fella, no moods/depression etc.

Some more...

Excerpts from the first interrogation of Ilnaz Galyaviev.

“I did not realize myself as a god at once, two months ago. And in the summer, a monster began to wake up in me, specifically. I started to hate everyone. I always hated everyone and started to hate even more. Don't you dare to attribute to me some psychic or psychological bull****.

Nobody told me, I myself realized two months ago that I am God. This was the first time I said this to my mom, I don’t have a mom, I just call her “you”. She's not my mother. I have no parents, I hate you all. I do not have a mother, I have given up everything. The woman who gave birth to me is not a mother. There is no mom or dad, I never called them that. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Big mistake allowing themselves to be taken alive

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Big mistake allowing themselves to be taken alive

Was thinking the same thing.

I'm sure if we listen carefully we might be able to hear his screams all the way from Russia :D. That would be very satisfying to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hhhhh wrote: »
    At least Putin has his head screwed on as to how such attacks can help be prevented in the future.

Good to see a common sense reaction from Russia. I think some other countries could learn from that response.

A bit of common sense followed by the stupidity of computer games and the anonymous internet is the blame for this..

"Senator Alexander Bashkin said that it is necessary to think about strengthening control over the content of computer games, since the glorification of violence contained in them can lead to tragedies.

In addition, the Public Chamber said that it is “time to end” with anonymity on the Internet. First Deputy Chairman of the Public Chamber's Commission on Mass Media Alexander Malkevich:

“What happened is another reason to end up with anonymity on social networks. The channel that was hosted by the terrorist under the name "God" is the most vivid example of what we are talking about. "

It should be noted that before the tragedy, the Galyaliyev canal had only one subscriber - himself. After the news of the shooting in the gymnasium, the Telegram administrators deleted the channel and now it is unavailable."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I guess they had to go and be stupid for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

A bit of common sense followed by the stupidity of computer games and the anonymous internet is the blame for this..

"

???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Hopefully not the beginning of a U.S. type trend.

Hhhhh wrote: »

Poison anyone with access to a gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I've become so numbed to mass shootings and that is a depressing thought. I remember how shocking Columbine and Dunblane were because, even though there had been mass shootings before those, they were very spaced out. But now they are so commonplace that the death toll has to be really high for me to take notice, like Las Vegas or the Orlando nightclub massacres. Or maybe ones involving very young children like Sandy Hook. I hate that I've become so inured to human suffering.

RIP to the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Odhinn wrote: »
    ???

Read the quote from Senator Alexander Bashkin that the poster posted.

Advertisement