Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seeking/Offering Land Permission thread (Deer stalking ONLY)

• 10-05-2021 11:53am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some time back we [the Mods] were asked if there was any cross forum co-operation. OW workings between two forum who may benefit from the interests/past times of the other. The most obvious one was Farming & Forestry given the potential access to land owners for us and help culling Deer for them

To that end and on the back of the request by you, our members (hat tip to garrettod) we have worked with the Moderators in the F&F forum to begin a pilot program where users from here can post seeking permission for lands to shoot on, and the members of the F&F forum can follow a link in their forum, to this thread, and post seeking people to shoot on their lands.

As this is a pilot program there will be one huge caveat. This will ONLY be for Deer hunting/stalking for the moment. There are a number of reasons for this which include, but are not limited to:
    • Deer stalkers are usually experienced
    • They usually have insurance
    • When only after Deer there is no risk of a "Beiruit" situation going on
    • Deer stalking is usually solitary, but two at most.

Lets not mince words here, we [hunters]are asking a lot off the land owners to allow perfect strangers onto their land. So until we "find our feet" and this program can show its worth (to both sides) we need to take all precautions.

This is obviously a huge step and if properly worked, with the respect such trust deserves, it can be a stepping stone to a great relationship between the forums and users as well as an extension into other forms of hunting/vermin control.

Now while we've [the Mods on both forums] tried to cover all bases obviously there is only so much we can account for. The rules of this endeavour are simple and laid out below. Any, and i mean even the slightest, violation will result in infraction and a swift ban from not only the thread but possibly the forum. This is a more than words on a forum it has real world consequences so we have to have a zero tolerance here guys.

Rules.
    1. Only for Deer. Vermin control may follow but only after discussing it with F&F Mods.
    2. You must give the area you are seeking permission but no private details about yourself on thread and do not ask for the same from the land owner advertising. Keep that to PM.
    3. All meetings/dealings between poster and land owner must start with messaging on the forum with exchange of real names/details via PM so each knows who the other is.
    4. Permission for one person (named poster) is not permission for others. Only YOU get permission, not your friends/family.
    5. Permission is not infinite. Must be "renewed" annually.
    6. Permission can be withdrawn at any time by the landowner. Any violation of this revocation may result in real world trouble, outside the control of Boards.
    7. Boards will have no interaction once initial contact is made on the forum. We are only the platform, all dealings will be between users.
    8. No fees are involved. Trade of land for services is the only form of "payment" and any soliciting for compensation/payment will result in the offending poster being banned from the forum(s). This applies to both sets of forum users.
    9. No harassing, on thread or PM, to land owners. If a land owner gets "sorted" we mark their request for a shooter as done, and to report any further unsolicited PMs to the Mods. Warnings will be issued to offending posters to stop, then further infraction/ban if that is ignored.

We have a great opportunity here guys so lets make it work.

Finally I want to thank garrettod for this idea that got the ball rolling and the F&F Mods/users for their co-operation in this scheme.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks once again to the Mods on both forums, for agreeing to try and get this new concept working.

Thanks also to the land owners, who are willing to take the time to look at these requests.

Hopefully, we'll all benefit, in the months and years to come....

So, to get the ball rolling, I'm hoping to get one or two new permissions, for hunting.

* I have experience,
    * I have the appropriate firearms licence,
    * I have a deer hunting licence,
    * I have insurance.

All documentation is available for inspection, if required (albeit, I won't be emailing / texting it, given the obvious risks.). I will however provide it in person, in advance of ever expecting to be permitted on your land.

What I'm asking for, is permission to hunt (for myself and one specific other person, who also has insurance, firearms certs, and experience, and who you'll meet in advance) on land within a two hour commute of Dublin, please.

To be clear, I am not asking for a land owner to help me get a licence, of any description.

I'm more than happy to have a chat by phone, or answer a few questions via private message here, if anyone wants to reach out, as part of their decision making process, agree an initial meet up etc.

Finally, I'm also happy to help out with crop protection etc, albeit I appreciate that we're only formally discussing potential deer permissions, at this time.

If you've any questions, please drop me a message, via PM, here on Boards.

Many thanks,

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

And I'll throw myself in here too.

Similarly-
    i have experience,
    i have insurance,
    i have both the relevant firearm and deer licences.

Currently in north wicklow area so anywhere in the leinster area is feasible.
    Looking forward to hearing from someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I may as well throw my hat in the ring.

Briefly:
    - licenced, insured ( NARGC ) and plenty of
    firearms experience
    - a fair few years hunting experience

Have boots, will travel. I’m mainly looking for permission ( written or verbal ) in the Leinster area but will travel further afield if required.

One peculiarity, I will not pay for permission but will quite happily sort out a substantial contribution to a landowners’ freezer from deer harvested on the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

Making myself available also.

Have all relevant paperwork,
    Hcap, Current and also from September onwards deer hunting license , nargc insurance and game handling courses done and can provide in person if requested above.

Will travel within 2 hours of limerick. I do cover some areas in north cork at present but always happy to oblige if more land owners are happy to have me on there land.

Not willing to pay for the rights to hunt on any lands. More than happy to exchange a contribution to said landowners freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ak51535

Hi all,

Would like to thank Garrettod and Cass for this great idea and like to make myself available;

I am fully licenced, both firearm and NPWS deer.
    Insured with NARGC,
    Firearm experience both hunting and current employment.

I am looking for one or two permissions for myself, and if possible one other person (a shooting friend of mine) that can be met/spoken to in advance of which has full insurance and licences.

Will travel within 2 hours of Waterford.

If anyone interested message me on Boards where I will happily provide my number for a chat and meet up if suits.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ofearghp

Making myself available also.

Have all relevant paperwork,
    Hcap, Current and also from September onwards deer hunting license , nargc insurance and game handling courses done and can provide in person if requested above.

Will travel within 2 hours of limerick. I do cover some areas in north cork at present but always happy to oblige if more land owners are happy to have me on there land.

Not willing to pay for the rights to hunt on any lands. More than happy to exchange a contribution to said landowners freezer.

Hi there, I've some land near Gort with a lot of deer. I'm interested in population control (so mainly females), to allow native woodland to regenerate. I would be interested in coming along with an aim to picking it up myself, I can do the heavy lifting. PM me if that interests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

ofearghp wrote: »
    Hi there, I've some land near Gort with a lot of deer. I'm interested in population control (so mainly females), to allow native woodland to regenerate. I would be interested in coming along with an aim to picking it up myself, I can do the heavy lifting. PM me if that interests you.

PM on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean raff

I too would like to put myself into the frame.
    Recreational deer stalker available. 10 yes experience. All relevant paperwork including insurance and tracking dog. Dont mine travelling approx 2/3hrs from Louth. Any queries PM me. Regards sean

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

i'll throw my self in there for deer control in limerick may travel to nearby counties to help out.

NARGC insured

Years of experience in controlling vermin with various of methods.

Post edited by Cass on

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

hi im in donegal have

licenced, insurance ( NARGC )

Brave bit of hunting experience

preferably go out with someone in these areas as gives a hand with lifting etc can keep the deer or split up to individual

willing to travel. I’m mainly looking for permission ( written or verbal ) in Donegal or surrounding areas but will travel .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Gruffalo27

Hi I'm in Mayo and available willing to travel all over the county can do all the heavy lifting and all the rest

Have 20 years experience in shooting as well as all the relevant paperwork needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Bump!

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Hi All.

Day job is a civil engineer so I'm constantly emerged in safety assessment etc etc.

I have IFA countywide insurance. HCAP, 25plus years experience hunting with 15 years on rifles.

Im based between Wicklow/Dublin/Carlow/Kilkenny but would travel.

i have a full arsenal of thermal and NV for effective section 42s

I operate a 220swift and a 270win..

Anyway.. regards Zxthinger

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Greetings!

I'm happy to put myself out there if a landowner needs assistance with deer. I use a 6.5X55SE. Based in Co. Cork, open to travelling within Munster. 40+ years of firearms and shooting experience, insured. Any other details, ask away. Look forward to any opportunities that may arise.😋

Post edited by Cass on

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭keith s

Available for deer management.

22lr + 243 rifles and shotgun.

Full insurance.

Deer Stalking Training Course.

Large Wild Game meat hygiene course.

Available anywhere in Leinster.

Post edited by Cass on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

just on the deer hunting, there seems to be a massive problem around Woodford in Co. Galway. Is anyone here interested in culling?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

I would, Pm for details , fully insured, 25 years experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gman2021

Hi,

Fully insured, licensed , experienced and have deer stalking course complete.

Have Moderator for rifles.

Have experience within the forestry and environmental consulting sector if it helps.

Available for midlands and eastern region (dublin/Wicklow). Will travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kosta626

Hi also available fully insured, deer hunting license, midland , Dublin , 15 years of experience 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rifter

Hello,

Seeking permission(s) written or verbal.

Based in Kildare, so anywhere in Leinster but can, and will, travel further.

Licenced, insured and relevant courses completed (proof can be provided but not via dm)

20 years experience hunting/shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CTRT

Seeking deer stalking syndicate or permission to hunt on land. DSC, insurance etc all in place.

Based in North Cork but happy to travel.

15 odd years of hunting experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

MODERATOR NOTE

This Thread is for Deer stalking/hunters only.

All posts asking for anything else have been removed or moved there.

There is a thread for guys to ask for swap days or meet ups. It's here.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Galwayhunter

Hi, I'm seeking stalking permission in Clare/Galway/Mayo. Shooting 25 years and have insurance, stalking cert and meat handling cert.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TopCat27

I'm available to manage deer in cavan and the surrounding counties. I travel as far south as wicklow to manage a herd currently. I have been deer stalking for ten years and I have nargc insurance, a firearms competency course, a deer stalking course and meat handling course also complete.

All land owners requests regards cull numbers, boundaries and livestock respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭alex90

Available for deer management anywhere within 90 minutes drive of Cork city. Fully insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TheEngineer1

Available for Deer control in North Cork/ Avondhu/ Duhallow. Fully licensed and insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

Hi everyone. I'm available to do pest control and Deer control around the North Cork/Limerick area but i don't mind travelling as i currently drive 2hrs to my deer lease as it stands. In my 40's so shooting for years and years. I am over insured if anything, Nargc, Country Sports Ireland and also IFA insurance. I have many courses completed, HCAP, Large Wild Game and Humane Dispatch for deer and also Night shooting course. I do loads of fox shooting and a good bit of Pigeon and crow shooting over some tillage ground. I also have an Air Rifle for rats and id love somewhere to shoot them in large quantities if such an opportunity arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sthilmick

Hi Looking for deer stalking land in Co Laois Sleve blooms area . I'm fully insured in my forties from farming background and will respect and appreciate any permissions given .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anglo_catholica

Hi All.

I’m located just south of Oranmore near the Galway/Clare border and I am looking for land owners permission for deer control anywhere in The West of Ireland.

I am insured, hold a relevant D training qualification issued by Country Sports Ireland, and have my own certified firearms.

I would relish the opportunity to help manage deer, and would also enjoy the experience of stalking with others.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

Looking for deer stalking permission/a let in Tipp. & surrounding counties.

Have insurance, stalking training cert., a suitable firearm, am an experienced hunter & target shooter.

Post edited by BSA International on

Advertisement