Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EU/NI online shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ordered few bits from https://www.carpimoto.it/en-IE/ on Sunday. Just delivered now with DHL. Would have previously gotten stuff across the water. Definitely recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yep, do so myself from time to time.

Good savings to be had on some items!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Free shipping over €175

They're great for even just finding part numbers, I've been using them and https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/ to find parts for a Japanese import. The second crowd is UK so all the tax that are involved with that but between them I've been able to find common parts with other bikes and any superseded parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,812 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Not just you, An Post have a major issue in how they are handling all these parcels internally. (And no improvment or responsibilty in sight)

See these thread for countless lssues

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117975461#Comment_117975461

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Anyone have experience of Motea.com?

Yes, I bought a stand off them a few years ago for my old Multistrada. No problems with them.

I've bought a load of stuff off them over the last year, the delivery time is unreal. Faster than buying local.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭robbie_63

I see SportsBikeShop in the uk are back shipping to Ireland now

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Any idea if you’ll get hit for extra charges with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I bought jeans from BikeShed a couple of months ago, an post added an extra €69, which I calimed back from the store...

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

At the checkout for an item for €60 on sportsbikeshop.co.uk it states:

"The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery."

That sounds like there's nothing extra to me. Am I right?

Yep, that makes it sound like they have deducted the UK vat and added the Irish so should be fine.

If memory serves me right they use DPD for delivery so by using the one company in both countries should cancel out any tariff codes issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

just checking a few items - FCMoto seems to be a tad cheaper than them

Try here, some serious savings to be made on some items.

Website isn't the easiest to navigate but usually worth it.

https://www.carpimoto.it/en-IE/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Just has a sh1te experience with Sportsbikeshop

Last Saturday I ordered some Brake pads for the Versys which has 2 front discs so I ordered 2 sets Ebc sintered hh229 pads

Googled a vid on how to fit and video says there are 2 different ones a left and a right :-( bummer HH229 & HH231

Emailed them on Sunday with the 2 set numbers which they sell at same price asking them to send the correct sets

Automated reply

Monday No Reply so emailed them again

Tuesday automated reply so I get on to them again

Wednesday get a reply saying too late they were posted Monday :-) bummer again

Wednesday Evening 7:30pm i get an email saying My order has just been dispatched :-(

Saturday again now and still no parts

Pretty Shoddy I thought

The order was still there they just couldn't be arsed opening the box and swapping one of the sets of pads

That's a pain alright, it wasn't like they had to do anything extra, just open the box ffs.

I put through an order on Wemoto 2 weeks ago for a replacement clip on handlebar, order sat on waiting for a week so I emailed them for an update and they said the parts could take 6-8 weeks!

Cancelled and reordered from the US instead so will see how long that takes!

Ouch 6 to 8 weeks

I would imagine you will get them from the States quicker alright

I got a few bits from Wemoto before Brexit but haven't bought anything from them since for fear of customs charges :-(

I bought stuff from them a few weeks ago and I didn't get caught for any customs but it seems to be hit and miss on what they pick up.

Got genuine OEM Honda fairing parts last month from Thailand which only took 2 weeks from order to receiving which was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

well my Brexit Post experience of this a.m.

I bought a part from Lust Racing in the UK on the 4th of November. Due to me ticking a wrong box for postage (UK instead of EU), it didn't get posted til the 8th, which is fine. Cost of item posted was €83.35.

The item arrived in Dublin and I got an email on 15th November from AnPost looking for Customs of € 18.44, and I paid it that day.

As of today, the item has not reached Galway from Dublin, 10 days later.

I went on to the AnPost website, put in the tracking number and I see a 'loop' of the same information every few days since, the entries being " We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12" and " Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12" and it's being doing that for 7 days now. 7 days to deliver from Dublin - Galway isn't acceptable tbh. And you can't quite blame Brexit is it arrived in Ireland promptly, processed, paid for, and only then hit the buffers.

Naturally, if it was an EU parcel none of this would apply, so from now on UK will be the market of last resort for anything for me tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just ordered a front disc from carpimoto. Decent price but E17 delivery is a bit steep. Im on the look out for a new helmet so im waiting until some sites kick in with black friday prices.

Delivery is a bit more but you will have it faster than buying from anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Omnia Racing I have found to be brilliant. Best prices on Brembo stuff - I had a set of front pads delivered in 3 days recently and have bought my brake pads from them for years. Also bought a Termi for the Ducati there and it was a few hundred less than the UK. Carpimoto are also good as stated above. I wouldn't go near the UK for anything now with the customs crap

Another recommendation for Omnia from me, got some rizoma bits from them that carpimoto didn't have in stock. Delivery wasn't as fast as Carpi but I was happy.

At least they are admitting that its here

I had bought some wheel bearings for the V from the UK and the fookers just sent them back didn't even bother to try deliver useless shower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Visorshop and motorcycleshop have their black Friday discount live.

Not saying it will or won't but don't be too surprised if your item gets sent back.

If the sender didn't use an electronic 10 digit taric code which the Irish system needs it could very well be sent back.

If they sent me a bill, which I paid, then they must have the codes: otherwise how could they have calculated it ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Whole thing is a mess at the moment.

Lots have people have paid and still got their parcel sent back while others have received their parcels and got the vat bill afterwards.

Nothing is guaranteed at the moment.

I've 11 parcels missing since July 😤

• Advertisement

11 missing ?? !!

I assume the penny has dropped that the UK is a dead duck at this stage so ?

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement